Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
I think we need some more details. Where is the downpipe you made fitted - and what does it replace? What was your purpose in fitting it? Is the catalytic converter still in its standard place or did fitting the downpipe require the converter to be moved or removed?

Reactions: GavinG

·
Registered
758 Posts
Also, is the diesel particulate filter (DPF) still in place or has it been removed or relocated?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hmm....since the diesel particulate filter is designed to remove carbon particles from diesel exhausts, removal of it could be the cause of the smoke you are now seeing in your car's exhaust. Not sure where you're based (sorry I don't recognise the flag), but in the UK and I think the EU, removal of the DPF is against the law and will make the car fail the annual emissions and safety test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm....since the diesel particulate filter is designed to remove carbon particles from diesel exhausts, removal of it could be the cause of the smoke you are now seeing in your car's exhaust. Not sure where you're based (sorry I don't recognise the flag), but in the UK and I think the EU, removal of the DPF is against the law and will make the car fail the annual emissions and safety test.
Yeah i know that but many bmw in the same conditions with a good remap don´t do any smoke, that´s why i am asking if the problem may be on the reprogramation or could be a mechanical problem. By the way the flag is from portugal haha and its true, its against the law

1 - 6 of 6 Posts