Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Jaguar XE 2021 owner. Have an issue with the Driving Style screen. Can attain 5.0 for acceleration, 5.0 for lane discipline but can never get above 1.1 for fuel economy. Dealer says there is no issue. Any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Your braking and acceleration are fine but are you going too fast to be economical?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I usually drive within 10% of the speed limit. I've had cruise control set around 73mph on local motorways. I'm not regularly driving at excessive speed

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Not necessarily about excess speed, more about economical speed. That display is to do with eaking out the max mpg. Try slowing down for a few miles and see if your score improves. It's then up to you how you proceed :)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Here's my best recent journey;

Vehicle Gadget Display device Technology Electronic device

Bear in mind I set off really early for an appointment so I was in super-chilled mode. But also I have the P300 engine :)

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I try to get the number low as possible, it's much more fun :)

• Haha
Reactions: bik3rz

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yes, the summary for the past 7k miles is slightly different! ;)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
A member on the I-PACE Forum is experiencing the same issue. I think it's a Pivi Pro glitch.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Is that panel the details of last journey or trip bank? The earlier version gives you the option to clear data. If it's trip bank it'll take time for any driving style change to affect the stats.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I guess this Driving Style assessment must be within Pivi Pro on MY21 cars onward, since I don't think I have it on my MY20?
It's an interesting addition, but I wonder how long it will be before insurance companies demand access to it when setting premiums? And, worse, how long before the Government wants access also "so as to help you minimise your carbon footprint and save the planet"?
Or am I being too paranoid?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Chris, we do have something similar in our MY20's. In the Home Screen, swipe left, select Extra Features, then Eco Data.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Stephen said:
Chris, we do have something similar in our MY20's. In the Home Screen, swipe left, select Extra Features, then Eco Data.
Stephen, thank you!
I've had my XE for some 9 months now and had not discovered that feature - despite my thinking that I'd just about mastered the infotainment system and its various features.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Jaguar XE 2021 owner. Have an issue with the Driving Style screen. Can attain 5.0 for acceleration, 5.0 for lane discipline but can never get above 1.1 for fuel economy. Dealer says there is no issue. Any advice?
hi I have the same issue with the velar p250 my21 and I saw the same problem also on forums of discovery sport and defender but no answers. Does anyone went to the dealer for this? Is this only software problem or something worse?

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,618 Posts
Looks like it's an issue with the Pivi Pro for some.
I would contact your dealer if you are worried about it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Ahh, Pivi Pro, the saviour of Jaguars in car entertainment systems, so much better than the old troublesome In Control system 😂 😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, just an update to the 92%- 5,1,5 issue some are having.
i have a 2022 defender with the same problem, been to the dealer a few times,
it has now been referred to global support, who advise s/w update required.
downside appears to be they still have to write the s/w update.i had an evoque with the same issue.
watch this space!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, just an update to the 92%- 5,1,5 issue some are having.
i have a 2022 defender with the same problem, been to the dealer a few times,
it has now been referred to global support, who advise s/w update required.
downside appears to be they still have to write the s/w update.i had an evoque with the same issue.
watch this space!
I think that is strange. If it was a software problem all the models would have had the problems, no?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts