Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321766334019

Just found someone selling a new aluminium boot lid and bonnet. No idea why someone would have panels for sale considering the factory have all the cars.

Also spotted someone strjag selling the carbon fibre mirror covers at a reduced price of £359. Not so reduced considering they are £308 fitted from jag.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Interesting. I suggest that the aluminium boot lid is a 'test' lid. The boot lid on the car you've ordered will be made of steel ! If you change the steel boot lid to aluminium the reduction in weight will change the dynamics of the car. The cars have been manufactured to be 50/50 in weight distribution (except the XE S) to enhance handling. Because of the aluminium hype I can't believe that Jaguar would not have included an aluminium boot lid if it had been currently viable in the design.

'Steer' clear, purchase at your peril.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't worry I've no intentions to buy them. I did think myself that the boot lid should have been steel just like the doors.

Makes you wonder has a prototype boot lid fallen out the back door of the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.