Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I understand if I take out a subscription on Topix I can get access to the official JLR ECU software, so I'm tempted to do this but is there any way I can get access to it in a demo mode to familiarise myself first so I don't waste my subscription period?

I've seen some cables online, they appear to be unofficial they're called Mongoose, does anyone have any experience of these? They still seem to be about £300 and I was worried about compatability? Not sure how this compares to the official item price wise or where those can be purchased from.

Couple of areas I am interested in:

* Recalibration of the front windshield sensors / cameras -- I assume the software allows you to do this and it's somewhat trivial or do you require targets? If you need targets is the specification documented in one of the workshop manual excerpts?
* Vehicle location data -- the ECU seems to have a track datalogging facility, I'd be interested to know the vehicle whereabouts from its final few hours of operation, not sure if this is data which can be obtained via the official ECU software?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
MY 2017 onwards uses Pathfinder and a different system. These are much more expensive than the mongoose cable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ian,

Thanks for that info. Can I ask are you certain the Pathfinder VCI is required for a MY17 XE.

When reading around, it seems that pathfinder is required for Range Rovers L405/L494/L538/L550 17MY onwards, however the write up states:

Evoque (L538)
Discovery Sport (L550)
Range Rover (L405)
Range Rover Sport (L494)

Pre-14MY and vehicles not detailed above will continue to use the current diagnostic system and VCIs.
Therefore it looks as though the Mongoose cable would work on a MY17 X760 JLR XE?

I also found this, which suggests the VCX interface will work with a MY17 Jaguar although only through SDD? So not sure what limitations if any there would be?

http://blog.obdii365.com/2017/11/25/jlr-doip-vci-pathfinder-or-vxdiag-vcx-nano/

I'm hoping to do fault reading / clearing and key coding?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm interested in the same issue. Entering my VIN into Pathfinder (MY17 X760) results in 'Vehicle not supported error', so I guess SDD is needed to connect.
Anyway I still not understand if I need the expensive DOIP VCI interface or the much cheaper VCX nano pro would be ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I understand if I take out a subscription on Topix I can get access to the official JLR ECU software, so I'm tempted to do this but is there any way I can get access to it in a demo mode to familiarise myself first so I don't waste my subscription period?

I've seen some cables online, they appear to be unofficial they're called Mongoose, does anyone have any experience of these? They still seem to be about £300 and I was worried about compatability? Not sure how this compares to the official item price wise or where those can be purchased from.

Couple of areas I am interested in:

• Recalibration of the front windshield sensors / cameras -- I assume the software allows you to do this and it's somewhat trivial or do you require targets? If you need targets is the specification documented in one of the workshop manual excerpts?
  • Vehicle location data -- the ECU seems to have a track datalogging facility, I'd be interested to know the vehicle whereabouts from its final few hours of operation, not sure if this is data which can be obtained via the official ECU software?

Many thanks.

Hi mate

Any idea how can I sort out my ecu dealership told me that it's not responding and they wanted £1300 any other ways please.

And where is it placed on xe r sport 15 plate

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi mate

Any idea how can I sort out my ecu dealership told me that it's not responding and they wanted £1300 any other ways please.

And where is it placed on xe r sport 15 plate
Hi mate, I can highly recommend Zeetech he is based in northern Ireland but you could post it to him. That man can fix anything. Removal can be seen on the second link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts