Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a little disappointed with the seat options available for the XE.

Here in Belgium (and that might be the same everywhere else, I guess), we have the choice between :
- 10 settings electrical seats
- 14 settings electrical seats (which adds the seat length setting and the seats "sides" setting - like on a BMW)

However, it looks like the 14 directions seats can't be ordered with the memory function on the driver's seat. Anyone have more informations on this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Axel,

The seat adjustment options baffled me initially - and the salesman struggled too - but to get the extra 4 seat adjustments, you have to add the driver memory which includes folding mirrors etc.( that is the UK option and I can't imagine that it is different elsewhere unless their is relevant local law. I think also that the driver memory includes steering wheel position also but to be honest, I'll believe it when I see the wheel move when I use my key ! It's not at all clear but I think my interpretation is correct. I hope so, because that's one of the extras I included in my spec.

Ian

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't think that is correct

Firstly 8x8 mechanical adjustment. Seeing as there have been problems with these they are being replaced by Jag with 8x8 electric but these are not actually an available option, but they appear to be standard on RSport.
The first option is then 10x10 electric, these are standard on Portfolio trim
4 way lumbar support is available separately
The top option is 14x14 electric that includes lumbar support

On the UK build tool you can select 14x14 and add either of the memory packs

·
Registered
664 Posts
Memory Pack:
Driver Memory
Power Adjustable Steering Wheel (reach and rake)

Memory Pack with Powerfold Mirror:
Power fold, auto-dimming exterior door mirrors
Driver Memory
Power Adjustable Steering Wheel (reach and rake)

·
Registered
505 Posts
I blame Ford for starting this "Option Pack" malarkey, when they introduced the Capri - late sixties/early seventies - although I must admit that before that time, the only extras on most of the cars in my price bracket were fitted radio (and the standard fit always seemed to be on the passengers side) or a heater (£25 extra on my Sprite) and I fitted my own radio. Thinking about it, I recall that a passenger seat was an option in the early Mini van.

Ian

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, my question might not have been clear for everyone (that's part of the game when you try explaining something in a language you don't totally master :D ).

Here's a screenshot from the online XE manual :

As you can see, there are 7 settings, all being two-directionnal except for the lumbar setting which has four directions available.
That makes 6*2 + 4 (lumbar) = 16 directions. Jaguar includes the headrest as a manual two-directionnal setting in its count, so that makes a total of 18 directions.

On the image above, setting 1 and 2 are only available with the 18x18 electrical seats option (which is actually called 14x14 - at least in the belgian configurator...).

So, the part that disappoint me, is that it seems the top option (18x18) cannot be ordered with the seat memory option. :/

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't understand why that would be different in Belgium....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I don't know, but it looks like there might be some changes on the car between central european market and UK.

I see your online configurator in UK states that the direction indicators in the headlamps are LED : I'm pretty sure that it was not LED on both XE's I tries here. :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.