Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a copy of the factory order for my XE today. I've gone for the 180PS 2L diesel auto in Italian Racing Red and the 18" 5 spoke wheels. First Jaguar after four Nissan's in a row, the current one of which is an X-Trial 4 x 4, so the XE is going to feel rather different! Just waiting on the build date now.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Snapper5 would be great if you could post up your first thoughts after delivery. I ordered mine on a whim as Ive not even seen one let alone test drive. Mines due for delivery 28th July

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
tobes said:
Snapper5 would be great if you could post up your first thoughts after delivery. I ordered mine on a whim as Ive not even seen one let alone test drive. Mines due for delivery 28th July
Thankfully the press are raving about it. Always a worry when you order without a test drive or even seeing one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm still looking at delivery to the dealer being this Friday (19th June) and depending on time of delivery, I may be able to pick it up on Saturday or Monday. First one to go to a customer from this dealership apparently.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome Snapper5

I echo the request to let us all know!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a surprise - had a call from the dealer to say delivery pushed back to 27th June. Not at all impressed with Jaguar. Made a call to the Jaguar customer service centre to be told they'll look into it and get back to me in 48 hours. Told them I want an answer sooner than that and I still expect delivery tomorrow.
I appreciate it's only a week's delay but this is for a car meant to be delivered in May so I think our patience has been tested enough already, hasn't it?
In the spangly new automated factory they have you'd think they would know precisely where each order is in the system, wouldn't you?
Starting to question my decision to go with a Jaguar if this is how they start a new relationship with a customer.
I have no doubt the car is great, but they need to make good on their promises and actually deliver on time.
The saga continues...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sent Jaguar a link to my above post and tweeted on the subject. Miraculously my car is suddenly available for me to collect on Wednesday next week. We'll see...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.