Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week got an email saying there is a map update for my XE 2016 2L D model, downloaded the latest naviextras toolbox , paid my £97, update proceeded, but when I know try yo use Sat nav, I get SD card not found. Contacted naviextras who now say it is not compatible, and now in a blame loop, anyone had problems or solutions?

·
Registered
Jagauar XE 2.0T Petrol R-Sport
10 Posts
last week got an email saying there is a map update for my XE 2016 2L D model, downloaded the latest naviextras toolbox , paid my £97, update proceeded, but when I know try yo use Sat nav, I get SD card not found. Contacted naviextras who now say it is not compatible, and now in a blame loop, anyone had problems or solutions?
Just to clatify ... you should update through the Jaguar website/download. Maybe that was the issue. Unless I have misunderstood your post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did, got this email message:
We are delighted to inform you that a new map update is available for your navigation system. Benefit from plenty of useful map changes, including updated street names and addresses, new POIs, and road restrictions, among others!
Download the InControl Touch Map Updater to update the map for your navigation system.

Used the incontrol updater to update the map, which it did, but then was unable to use the Sd card, keeps asking to retry, thought it might the reader so replaced with a new jaguar Sd card media reader but same issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I did, got this email message:
We are delighted to inform you that a new map update is available for your navigation system. Benefit from plenty of useful map changes, including updated street names and addresses, new POIs, and road restrictions, among others!
Download the InControl Touch Map Updater to update the map for your navigation system.

Used the incontrol updater to update the map, which it did, but then was unable to use the Sd card, keeps asking to retry, thought it might the reader so replaced with a new jaguar Sd card media reader but same issue.
Ah fair enough .... it was your mention of 'naviextras toolbox ' that threw me. I would think you should be speaking with Jaguar as its not really anything to do with naviextras.

·
Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
1,513 Posts
Take off any Adblockers if you have them, and any add ons in whatever search engine you are using. Reintstall the download tool and try again. Another question is, did you update the system after the Jaguar factory installation (or dealer)? If not that "may" affect things. Is the SD card a genuine one to your car VIN? The reason I ask is my first attempt looked as if it was free. Nothing down loaded of course. Then I reinstalled the Installer, and things started to proceed with the insert first, then the fact I had updates available, to proceed I had to sign into my Naviextras account, which showed all my info inc, name, address etc. Once that was confirmed it was proceed to pay and dowload. I am assuming you had something similar if you paid. Did you try to download Europe or just GB and Ireland? The former showed my card did not have enough space for Europe updates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take off any Adblockers if you have them, and any add ons in whatever search engine you are using. Reintstall the download tool and try again. Another question is, did you update the system after the Jaguar factory installation (or dealer)? If not that "may" affect things. Is the SD card a genuine one to your car VIN? The reason I ask is my first attempt looked as if it was free. Nothing down loaded of course. Then I reinstalled the Installer, and things started to proceed with the insert first, then the fact I had updates available, to proceed I had to sign into my Naviextras account, which showed all my info inc, name, address etc. Once that was confirmed it was proceed to pay and dowload. I am assuming you had something similar if you paid. Did you try to download Europe or just GB and Ireland? The former showed my card did not have enough space for Europe updates.
I am intrigued when you say "sign into my Naviextras account" - I did not have to do anything like that, The Jaguar app just showing an update was available, took me through payment, asked me which countries I wanted and downloaded - job done. I should add I do not have, and never had, a Naviextras account, sounds like you do/did have so maybe it found it on your system.
That's why I questioned the original post by Scanmanps.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have updated 3 times since 2015. I had to make an account with them on the first download. That is why I had no trouble this time except for the full Europe download, which I don't need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did the update via the Jaguar incontrol app, paid my £97, when I received my receipt it came from Naviextras in Hungury, that is why I mention Naviextras.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Obviously too late for the op and I do sympathise but to anyone else thinking of updating, remove the original card and copy it to a second card on a computer or laptop. Make sure the backup copy works ok, it should do. Then keep the original in a safe place. If you use the original to update and it goes wrong you are up the creek without a paddle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the update via the Jaguar incontrol app, paid my £97, when I received my receipt it came from Naviextras in Hungury, that is why I mention Naviextras.
Fair enough - I am not disputing anything, its just trying to understand why some people get different options and wondering if that has any influence on success or failure. Your original post says you "downloaded the latest naviextras toolbox " - was that something you were instructed to do ? and what was it for ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Although I said i downloaded naviextras, it was wrong choice of words, I used Jaguar incontrol to update, only mention naviextras as the receipt said naviextras.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
A suggestion. Go to naviextras updater again and start but look for "account" if you see register then do so. It is merely an address / email /name page. Then go from there. On one of my downloads about 3 years back, I was offered the full download or what parts I wanted, with the option to revisit if I wanted any other bits, such as Russia etc. (not going there in the car) Several days later I looked again and the extras offer was still available. What I am wondering is that if you do not have an account then it will download to a holding area to await an account opening. My downloads have all been OK with an "account" so far. It's only an idea, that I will be soon shot down from by some intelligencia, no doubt.:D:geek:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Out of the murky depths of my memory, I recall an issue in 2016 where many Jaguar SD cards were incompatible with updates, and a different one had to be obtained (FOC) from Jaguar. There were 2 different types of card. If you have the wrong one and it has never been updated this may be the issue. Contact your local dealer and this should be done under warranty (even if out of date?)
Original thread here: Map Updates

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
293 Posts
.. faulty SD sat nav / media reader in the car, now replaced and all working with the updated maps..
Out of interest, how much did that cost? (I assume a dealer job).
I don't really have any use for my reader now as I have a separate unit to enable Android Auto, but it would be good to know if it's a large or small amount of money (effort). Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got mine from the link below £35.99 inc postage, fitted myself, it's just clipped in, a little fiddly as leads are not too long

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
293 Posts
Perfect!
That definitely falls into the 'affordable' bracket. Much obliged.

Reactions: First Jag-g-g
1 - 18 of 18 Posts