Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't spec my car with front parking sensors. But the front bumper has 2 sensors in the grill. I'm wondering if the sensors are already there and just need activating ? Can anyone with front parking sensors confirm how many sensors they have on the front bumper ?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Even if they are there you would need the ecu/software updated so it knows to use them.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I remember reading in the manual that the road sign recognition camera(s) are in the base of the rear view mirror. Could the sensors you mention be for the adaptive cruise control/anti-collision system. - this option requires some sort of panel in the grille. Parking sensors are usually as low down as possible, in the valance, to get the best "view" of what's in the way. Not, unfortunately, low enough for me to avoid a pile of roofing tiles that were left on our drive by a builder. The embarrassing thing was that I managed to hit them the following night with my wife's car. Mr Popular I was not.

Ian

·
Registered
799 Posts
Parking sensors generally in furthest extremity of car.

My current adaptive cruise control is mounted lower than the parking sensors within the grill of the lower intercooler.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ianbruce said:
I remember reading in the manual that the road sign recognition camera(s) are in the base of the rear view mirror. Could the sensors you mention be for the adaptive cruise control/anti-collision system. - this option requires some sort of panel in the grille. Parking sensors are usually as low down as possible, in the valance, to get the best "view" of what's in the way. Not, unfortunately, low enough for me to avoid a pile of roofing tiles that were left on our drive by a builder. The embarrassing thing was that I managed to hit them the following night with my wife's car. Mr Popular I was not.

Ian
Surely the cameras must be looking ahead to see the speed road signs, not in the rear view mirror, looking at the back of road signs.

·
Registered
505 Posts
In the base of the rear view mirror looking through the windscreen.... sorry to mislead you... I should have been more precise !

·
Registered
67 Posts
I shouldn't have doubted you, sorry.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ahi
As your from Solihull, may be you could answer my previous question, does any one know when the holiday shut down is, as my build day is the 24th July and i think this must be about the holiday period.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you will find that all the grills will have the position on them for the sensors, what you will be looking at is the plastic nockout or cover for them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pcramman said:
you will find that all the grills will have the position on them for the sensors, what you will be looking at is the plastic nockout or cover for them.
Thanks this does make sense.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Alex said:
Pic of sensor in grill. Sorry for poor pic
These are the units for the headlight powerwash feature...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Alex said:
pcramman said:
Thanks this does make sense.
just looked on production model and yes they are the position of the front parking sensors but with extra two to the left and right of number plate above in the valance

·
Registered
505 Posts
wigray,

Sorry, I don't have a clue. I'm not sure if there is a shut down fortnight any longer, although all the motor firms had one in the good old days - it was then that my father in law came a-calling to "help with the house refurb". I vaguely recall that it was last week in July, first in August. My delivery is supposed to be mid September so I hope they've factored it in if they do have one. At least it w0uld give then time to catch up on any parts shortage.

Alex,

Sorry, I can't make out what it is... the photo's a bit dark. Nice to see the finish though, it's like a mirror - took me a while to work out what the ghostly image of a wheel was doing there. The adaptive cruise control radars are mounted in the radiator grille so I guess it's not that. Radiator Grille - the Build application says that ACC requires " Radiator Grille - Gloss Black insert with Chrome surround(Grille)" . Aren't we all going to have fun working out what all the bits and pieces do once the car is delivered.

Ian

·
Registered
67 Posts
:ymparty:
ianbruce said:
wigray,

Sorry, I don't have a clue. I'm not sure if there is a shut down fortnight any longer, although all the motor firms had one in the good old days - it was then that my father in law came a-calling to "help with the house refurb". I vaguely recall that it was last week in July, first in August. My delivery is supposed to be mid September so I hope they've factored it in if they do have one. At least it w0uld give then time to catch up on any parts shortage.

Alex,

Sorry, I can't make out what it is... the photo's a bit dark. Nice to see the finish though, it's like a mirror - took me a while to work out what the ghostly image of a wheel was doing there. The adaptive cruise control radars are mounted in the radiator grille so I guess it's not that. Radiator Grille - the Build application says that ACC requires " Radiator Grille - Gloss Black insert with Chrome surround(Grille)" . Aren't we all going to have fun working out what all the bits and pieces do once the car is delivered.

Ian
Thanks Ian
If the factories not shutting down maybe I'll get my 15th new Jaguar for my 83rd birthday in August, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
wigray said:
If the factories not shutting down maybe I'll get my 15th new Jaguar for my 83rd birthday in August, fingers crossed.
Crikey Wigray, that's quite a record - I think you deserve to get the fifteenth for free! :ymapplause:
I hope your birthday wish comes true.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts