Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've registered here because I'm searching to replace my Volvo V40 with a new car, and after trying a Mercedes C Class, a BMW 4 Gran Coupe and a Jaguar XE, I think I'll go for the Jaguar.

To be honest, I was almost decided to go for the C Class when I saw the Jaguar and got surprised by the fact that it was actually cheaper than the former.

There probably are a few things I still have to know before ordering the car (and decide myself about the color, rims, etc). :)

Oh, and my usual language is french, so I might do some mistakes in english - sorry about that !

-Axel

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hi Axel

Welcome

A few lucky owners here already who im sure can assist.

Your English is good

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Salut Princeofthejungle,

Indeed, I was guessing there would be more people from France here than expected. Probably because I didn't find any interesting forum about the XE in the french-speaking ones. ;)

I'm not from France though, but from Belgium! :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm now registered on this forum for a few days, and I must say I've learned almost as much here as by talking to my dealer! So, big thanks to you, people.

Now, to be honest and complete about my "story" and about my plans to buy a Jaguar, I must admit that I took a deep look at all informations I could find on the new XF and I may actually turn my head to this beauty instead of the XE. I'm not sure about it yet, but it certainly looks as beautiful while being a bit larger and with a little more of that luxury feel IMO. Given the spec I'd like, the new XF would only cost me 4000 euros more than the XE, which is not that much for the difference.

Now, I guess I'll have to wait anyway: there aren't many informations on the XF yet. I need to know more about it, i.e.:
- is the new XF as perfectly balanced as the XE (50:50 mass distribution)?
- is it as dynamic to drive as the XE?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick update over here, as I finally decided to go for another car than the XE.

There are 3 reasons that pushed me that way:
- the size. I realised that bigger cars were not always that more expensive and that going for something bigger might be smart (I've got one 2 years old now, and we plan on having another baby soon).
- the many small quality-control issues experienced by a lot of first users (including a lot over here).
- the maintenance costs here in Belgium (dealer told me a maintenance would cost between 600 and 900 euros).

After looking at the BMW 5 Series which is quite interesting at the moment but which is not really a sexy car, I finally ordered an Audi A7 Sportback.

I'll probably keep an eye around here just to look at your beautiful XE's, though! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.