Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bang on time my new Jaguar XE R Sport was delivered this morning.

However when I looked out the kitchen window the model on the back was not the one I ordered !! Then I released there was a trailer behind with mine on it. Phew.

Love the colour and spec, the 163 engine is a tad gutless annoyingly and the 17" 15 spoke light weight alloys are too small and look lost in the arches.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Looks good to me too!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Love the colour. When I first saw IRR I knew I had to have it.
Just out of interest how long did you have to wait from order to delivery?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Congratulations - and enjoy having it in your hands, unlike some of us still.

When I first scrolled down I thought it was my old Mazda Xedos 6 on the trailer! :))

·
Registered
204 Posts
:)) Looks like you had a buy one get one free offer!

Hence forth Alpha Male will be known as "2 jags" :))

Black pack looks great with IRR

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Alfa - you've got the panoramic pack on yours. Can you tell me if you have the rear sun blind and 3 buttons in the centre console above your head?

I ordered the panoramic pack too, but seem to be missing the rear blind! :-O

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Plymothian said:
Hi Alfa - you've got the panoramic pack on yours. Can you tell me if you have the rear sun blind and 3 buttons in the centre console above your head?

Yep three buttons on roof first operates sunroof second rear electric roller blind third sunroof blind.

Note sunroof blind is not completely opaque it's like a black mesh that still lets some light through. The rear roller blind doesn't quite reach the top of the rear window annoyingly.

The privacy glass is very stark between front and rear windows. To the point in off tomorrow to see window tinted to get light tint on front windows to graduate the tint front to back.

Also on to do list is black gloss powdercoating of caster wheel sized alloys.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
harry said:
Assume that must be Malcom in the photo?
Yep that's Malcolm :)

He was very precise in his timing in that he arrived at exactly 8am as stated !

Interestingly he said he was delivering loads of XF until last couple of weeks now it's all XEs !

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alfa Male said:
Plymothian said:

Yep three buttons on roof first operates sunroof second rear electric roller blind third sunroof blind.

Note sunroof blind is not completely opaque it's like a black mesh that still lets some light through. The rear roller blind doesn't quite reach the top of the rear window annoyingly.

The privacy glass is very stark between front and rear windows. To the point in off tomorrow to see window tinted to get light tint on front windows to graduate the tint front to back.

Also on to do list is black gloss powdercoating of caster wheel sized alloys.
Thanks - I think I need to be asking my dealer for a refund on that then, unless it can be retro-fitted which I very much doubt.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rich 91 said:
Love the colour. When I first saw IRR I knew I had to have it.
Just out of interest how long did you have to wait from order to delivery?
I ordered end of Jan 15, had three dates deferred but finally delivered this morning.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To be honest I quite like the rear blind albeit only one day in. I'd kick up a big fuss on this

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alfa Male said:
To be honest I quite like the rear blind albeit only one day in. I'd kick up a big fuss on this
Yeah, it's disappointing, especially when coupled with the scratch I had on the rear bumper before handover. As I've said in other posts, my local dealer (Stratstone in MK) have done whatever they can to put things right. This one looks like a factory error as it's on the detailed order form (with part numbers etc).

When you pay a lot of money for a car, you expect to receive what you ordered.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Plymothian said:
Yeah, it's disappointing, especially when coupled with the scratch I had on the rear bumper before handover. As I've said in other posts, my local dealer (Stratstone in MK) have done whatever they can to put things right. This one looks like a factory error as it's on the detailed order form (with part numbers etc).

When you pay a lot of money for a car, you expect to receive what you ordered.
Sounds like they are working with you to sort these issues which is reassuring. Good luck I hope you get it all sorted and it doesn't put you off your car

·
Registered
664 Posts
Please let us know how you get on with powder coating the wheels as I am considering the same to the same wheels when mine arrives ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.