Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, I have a question.

The sides of the front air intakes on all the promotional material shows them as black (see attached pic). But all the demonstrators seem to have them colour-coded, for example:

So if you've taken delivery of your XE-S, what colour are yours and which do you prefer? I've ordered 'black pack plus' on mine, so I'm hoping they're black...

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
I haven't taken delivery yet but I am sure on my last test drive they were black as the salesman pointed out all the Black Pack but I'm not 100% as I just wanted to drive!
I hope they are as I think I will go for the white with Black Pack.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My xes is apparently due to be delivered sometime this week hopefully... and about the little black bits on the intake grill the demo car i drove also had them color coded i asked my dealer to send an email about it because like you say all the promo pics they are black , as of yet no reply from jaguar but be warned it does say on the website they reserve the right to change specification at any given time.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I hope they haven't changed it, on the configurator it still shows them even without the black pack, although when I configure mine in white the side sills are white, not black :-(

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes you are right, in your pic they aren't black!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The demonstrator I took out also had red sides, hence my concern.

I should be taking delivery this week, so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Dale740 said:
Another thing i did mention to the dealer was the armrest, on all the pics and configurator with the red/black seats its a red armrest but this one was black for some reason
The dealer told me that on the S the armrest is always in red, blue, oyster or black but on non S models they are black, a bit of a pity because I wanted a black armrest whatever interior I chose but this wasn't possible.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes thats what i thought red with red interior blue with blue but this one was definitely black it may have just been rushed through to get it to the dealer same as with the two bits of black on the intake vents they may have been left off to save time seeing as its only a demo car

·
Registered
597 Posts
I did think that, it seems to me that Jaguar Spec'd up all the XE-S demo cars as both the ones I have driven have been exactly the same.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good news and a little bad...my XES was delivered to the dealer yesterday :) it should be ready for pick up wed afternoon but i popped up to check it out and there was some paint build up around the drivers side door and in one spot i noticed the paint had been rubbed/picked off it was only about the size of a pinhead. The dealer gave me two options, i could send the car back to be repainted which i wasnt too keen about this seeing as its took this long just to get it to the dealer and it would take at least two weeks, the other option is take delivery then arrange for it to be repaired in a week or twos time at the dealer.
The defect isnt that noticable but it still should be right ,other than that the car is all good everythings correct spec to how i ordered panel gaps are correct and no other paintwork or body defects so ive just got to wait for pdi then i can have it :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Dale740 said:
Good news and a little bad...my XES was delivered to the dealer yesterday :) it should be ready for pick up wed afternoon but i popped up to check it out and there was some paint build up around the drivers side door and in one spot i noticed the paint had been rubbed/picked off it was only about the size of a pinhead. The dealer gave me two options, i could send the car back to be repainted which i wasnt too keen about this seeing as its took this long just to get it to the dealer and it would take at least two weeks, the other option is take delivery then arrange for it to be repaired in a week or twos time at the dealer.
The defect isnt that noticable but it still should be right ,other than that the car is all good everythings correct spec to how i ordered panel gaps are correct and no other paintwork or body defects so ive just got to wait for pdi then i can have it :)
I would advise you to look over your car again and check it very, very carefully especially as you have mentioned paint problems.

Can I ask why you mentioned panel gaps?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I did thoroughly check the car for any more paint defects while i was there but i wont be signing until ive checked it over again and i mentioned panel gaps because there was a post on here somewhere mentioning the rear spoiler wasnt fitted properly and a friend of mine took delivery of a leased xe a few weeks ago and the bonnet didnt line up with the passenger wing.
PS you should always check the panel gaps new or old it can show a bodged repair, accident damage or in the case of a new car badly fitted panels

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Shocking photos from Baikar - outrageous misalignments - looks like the car's been bashed.
This is clearly another vital item to add to our collection checklists.

·
Registered
202 Posts
When I went on the Factory Tour, the guide explained to us that the advantage of using so many robots is that the panel fit is consistently perfect.
Hmmmmmm!
(Although, of course, the spoiler would be fitted by human hand.)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.