Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now starting to test the acceleration from a standing start, when there are no natives about to startle. So far, while I have got off quite quick, I haven't yet floored it (only done 400 miles and still running-in). But I get the feeling that the traction control is preventing the wheel spins I was anticipating by now. If that is the case, then flooring later should be a doddle.

·
Registered
799 Posts
robertW said:
I'm now starting to test the acceleration from a standing start, when there are no natives about to startle. So far, while I have got off quite quick, I haven't yet floored it (only done 400 miles and still running-in). But I get the feeling that the traction control is preventing the wheel spins I was anticipating by now. If that is the case, then flooring later should be a doddle.
Not sure what you have driven before but rwd cars are quite good for traction with moderate power as under acceleration weight is transferred to rear wheels.

My current car manages 272bhp and 500 torque to rear wheels admittedly very large tyres but only ever get traction control light to flicker on damp roads. Same if it's turned off no major issues.

Now braking in corners is another story.....If you haven't driven rwd before you will soon learn never to brake mid corner.

With a decent chasis, tyres and road surface the 240 bhp should be fine even foot to floor off the mark.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know if these cars come with Launch Control?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Psychotic Mouse said:
Does anyone know if these cars come with Launch Control?
Sounds like an IN-CONTROL option - IN-CONTROL-LAUNCH probably - hidden away deep in one of the set-up sub menus ......

·
Registered
799 Posts
As far as I know there is no 'launch control'

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I'm going to pretend I have it. :D
When I select D on the automatic gear selected I'll put my right foot on the accelerater while holding my left on the brake pedal,then lift said left foot.

I'll have to think of a sequence of button pressing first tho to make it convincing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.