Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Now to the forum, I'm expecting delivery of my new XE RSport 2.0 diesel in Italian Racing Red tomorrow, but not holding my breath !

I've not gone too mad on the options I've spec'd the black pack and the panoramic roof option pack ( roof, tinted windows and rear electric roller blind).

Looking forward to it now as it's been a long six months wait I can tell you.

I'm curious to see if a. It comes with black alloys or silver and b. If the car app on iPhone works as dealer reckons it does I'm not convinced.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hope it comes in for you, I know how hard it is to wait.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Alfa Male said:
Hi folks

Now to the forum, I'm expecting delivery of my new XE RSport 2.0 diesel in Italian Racing Red tomorrow, but not holding my breath !

I've not gone too mad on the options I've spec'd the black pack and the panoramic roof option pack ( roof, tinted windows and rear electric roller blind).

Looking forward to it now as it's been a long six months wait I can tell you.

I'm curious to see if a. It comes with black alloys or silver and b. If the car app on iPhone works as dealer reckons it does I'm not convinced.
All depends on what wheels you ordered?

Standard are the Star 5 spoke 18s which are silver/grey.

Will only have black alloys if you selected and paid extra for them, as they are an option.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mine is the 163 variant so it 'benefits' from the 17" wheels to get the emissions down.

I've specd the black pack so was optimistically thinking it might also have black wheels but doubt it.

I've gone through Lex Autolease and they are less than useless on spec queries.

Delivery date has been shunted back again by another week to 20th July now. Starting to get peed off with it now. :(

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think I mentioned this before, but local dealer said to me that in the case of 17" wheels, that to match black pack they could refinish any of the wheels in black post delivery for £500....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alex said:
Sorry to give bad news but black pack doesn't come with black wheels. Here's my 163 with black pack
Thanks any chance for a pic of your wheels please so I can see what they might look like?
I'll send them off to powdercoaters myself at £35 per wheel.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alex said:
Not a bad looking wheel but a little too small for my liking
Agree totally and this is my concern that the wheels will / do look lost in the arches. This is a company car for my so I'm limited on options but my first thoughts are to get the standard alloys powdercoated black so see if the tiny wheels look better. Failing that I may just bite the bullet and source a set of larger genuine alloys and chance my arm when it comes to having tyres renewed.

"Those were the wheels on it when I got" might be use ;-)

Which leads me on to will the F Type alloys fit directly on to the XE without spacers etc?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts