Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realised I never introduced myself - I'm a first time Jag buyer, having driven around in the last 4 years in a Mini Clubman diesel. Great little car, but not really designed for the hauls I drive (some trips are 300 miles plus each way, so I wanted something a little more comfortable). I had a think about what I wanted, and it roughly went like this:

BMW - boring as hell
Merc C Class - weird looking, expensive, average handling, crummy auto box and a Poundland tablet glued to the dashboard
Audi - Stoneage (and the brand new one that is due looks EXACTLY the same as the old one ... )
New Alfa - a little way off, and though beautiful, I can't afford to push my car around the UK

So, that left the Jag; happily I think it looks fantastic, drives really well, has a great interior and is a fine machine all in all.

Anyway, today I placed an order for a 180 r sport auto, Italian Racing Red, black pack, back windows, 19" Venoms (black), heated and cooled seats, lighting pack and some other stuff. The dealer described it as a 'Christmas Tree'. I will admit to getting a little carried away with the options! :D I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone on these forums who has helped answer my many questions, and I shall be glad to be joining the club!

P.S. I was told delivery in October (probably) - I should get a notification of where it is in the build queue, sometime this week. Though judging by the experience of others, I think I shall take it with a pinch of salt!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Congrats, now prepare for the long wait! I'd expect you'll be more like mid November. My order has been in a couple of weeks and I have estimated delivery to the dealer on 2/11 and to me a week later.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome, nice spec.

good luck with that delivery date, sounds a little optimistic, but fingers crossed for you.

Perhaps your dealer was hinting something there on the delivery front, by calling it a 'Christmas Tree'! :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
harry said:
Welcome, nice spec.

good luck with that delivery date, sounds a little optimistic, but fingers crossed for you.

Perhaps your dealer was hinting something there on the delivery front, by calling it a 'Christmas Tree'! :D
Haha! I hadn't thought of it that way, but you could be right ... I reckon it will be November too, I guess we'll see. I was told that dealers get their own build slots in Jaguars build queue, so I guess it is possible that some dealers could get stock a little faster? Well, I don't want to be too optimistic anyway, would rather wait and it be correct. I also read a few thoughts that some of the delays are related to parts / options, which I added quite a few, so maybe it will be even worse for me? :(

My full order included:
Parking Pack
Lighting Pack
Black Pack (which is stupidly expensive for painting a few bits of the car a different colour, but it looked too good to ignore it)
Memory pack with folding mirror
Ambient lighting thingy
Meridian
Heated and Cooled seats (10 x10 with 4x4 way lumbar)
19" Black Venoms
Black door mirror caps
Folding seats (with this horrible folding pull handle things - maybe Jag will have added some better ones by the time mine is built ... but I doubt it!)
Air quality sensor
Alloy space saver

I did get a pretty good discount in the end, something around 7 - 8% and a free tank of fuel (carwow helped me out massively in the negotiations)

Let the wait begin ...

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's my understanding, dealers get slots allocated, so it can vary from dealer to dealer, so you could be ok for October. Fingers crossed for you.

I left ordering mine til May and was given build slot for September, with delivery in October. Couple of weeks later and I was contacted and told it had then changed to early November delivery . Then a couple of weeks ago I was contacted to say moved forwards by 42 days and estimated delivery would be early October.

I have read so many other posts on this forum about delivery dates, that I have put delivery dates to one side and to the back of my mind.

Ultimately not really anything we can do, and whilst I can't wait to get mine (been wanting one for well over a year now and followed the development progress since the early stages with interest, to the launch on the Thames, to preview event etc) I have learned I will need to be patient.

·
Registered
471 Posts
richarda said:
I just realised I never introduced myself - I'm a first time Jag buyer, having driven around in the last 4 years in a Mini Clubman diesel. Great little car, but not really designed for the hauls I drive (some trips are 300 miles plus each way, so I wanted something a little more comfortable). I had a think about what I wanted, and it roughly went like this:

BWM - boring as hell
Merc C Class - weird looking, expensive, average handling, crummy auto box and a Poundland tablet glued to the dashboard
Audi - Stoneage (and the brand new one that is due looks EXACTLY the same as the old one ... )
New Alfa - a little way off, and though beautiful, I can't afford to push my car around the UK

So, that left the Jag; happily I think it looks fantastic, drives really well, has a great interior and is a fine machine all in all.

Anyway, today I placed an order for a 180 r sport auto, Italian Racing Red, black pack, back windows, 19" Venoms (black), heated and cooled seats, lighting pack and some other stuff. The dealer described it as a 'Christmas Tree'. I will admit to getting a little carried away with the options! :D I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone on these forums who has helped answer my many questions, and I shall be glad to be joining the club!

P.S. I was told delivery in October (probably) - I should get a notification of where it is in the build queue, sometime this week. Though judging by the experience of others, I think I shall take it with a pinch of salt!
Excellent analysis :YMAPPLAUSE:

I believe Chris Evans is looking for someone!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bluefire65 said:
richarda said:

BWM - boring as hell

Excellent analysis :YMAPPLAUSE:

I believe Chris Evans is looking for someone!
haha thanks - I wish! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.