Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I also decided to join the xeforums. I currently drive with Mazda 3 (13 years old already, I bought it as new).
Now I look at the Jaguar XE model, I like it very much. I have also done a test drive with new XE and the impressions were positive. Into our representative arrived it in late June and I think, I was one of the first to try it B-)
I add two pictures too about our test machine, which I did the test drive.

What I do not like is the lack of a CD player. As well the luggage room is a bit little small. I can get out on my Mazda easily take the rear seats to be able to fit two bikes (of course, I have to remove them first wheel). But how to deal with the case XE? Bicycles are a mandatory part of my life. Recommended that rear hook, but I do not know what position to take. Anyway, I turn to examine the things. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
you'll need to add one of the bike rack options then, although it will spoil the look of the car IMHO. Depends how often you need to use them I guess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, what bike rack do you recommend? What is better for two bicycles (four or five times during the summer we want to use the bikes and moving them with car). So if there is a rack-mountable off easily, it will be OK. And Jaguar's rear seats- do not think, them can take off? There is little space anyway and I think that the bikes do not fit into car in this manner.

·
Registered
48 Posts
inspire said:
Thank you, what bike rack do you recommend? What is better for two bicycles (four or five times during the summer we want to use the bikes and moving them with car). So if there is a rack-mountable off easily, it will be OK. And Jaguar's rear seats- do not think, them can take off? There is little space anyway and I think that the bikes do not fit into car in this manner.
Hi and welcome to the forum!

You have several options to do so: see the accessoiries section on the jaguar website: http://accessories.jaguar.com/gb/en/xe/carrying-towing/carrying/ (on the estonian website i couldn't find it) The partnumbers are the same for your country.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Also, by default rear seats do not fold. In the UK at least there is an option to add rear folding seats which a lot of people here in the forum seem to be going for. I think this is definitely one thing Jag should have included in the standard build. Even with the folding seat I suspect you would be hard pushed to get a bike in, maybe if removing the wheels.

·
Registered
48 Posts
SiblingChris said:
Also, by default rear seats do not fold. I. The UK at least there is an option to add rear folding seats which a lot of people here in the forum seem to be going for. I think this is definitely one thing Jag should have included in the standard build. Even with the folding seat I suspect you would be hard pushed to get a. I've in, maybe if romping the wheels.
Yeah, folding backseats are also on europe mainland still an option... :) Bit like Clarkson told on the F-Type spare wheel location.
Just funny... ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all!
I add a few more Pictures from the test mileage. I got to make some Pictures also before our seller affixed the promotional stickers. Ammonite gray is the color of the car, my favorite :)
Besically this test ride made me clear that xe is my next car. But here I am going to spy and gather information, because in this year is not yet willing to buy. If I buy it, I want a long period of time car and want to insure themselves against all kind of inconvenience.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Towbar 2 Bike Carrier RHD - it seems to me the best choice for bicycles now. If someone has a hook on his XE, I would like to see the pictures? Whether the car is in tricky way uglier with the hook?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Can't miss it's a Jag then :D nice colour in and out - quality.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We went on a Sunday to test the F-PACE. At the same time I did the driving also with XE, my favoriite future car...
Some Pictures of this testing. I drove to my house to the parking space, to see how the car is suitable and fit. :mrgreen:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.