Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My car is about to be spec fixed for a September delivery (I hope!).

Very excited - and maybe a bit overwhelmed as I've always held out it makes no sense to spend money on a new car.

Apologies for the long first post! Some of you may find it an interesting read though I hope.

As my company Audi A3 Sportback Sport is due back early September and the list gets more restrictive each change I've decided to opt out this time. I'm hoping the timing's fortuitous, as my colleagues have now got little black boxes flashing and bleeping at them if they accelerate too hard etc etc.

As is always the case with me I've spent a long time considering all the spec. before coming to a final choice...
http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_gb/xe_jscwl01b/3ahzz/a-20p-200_a-xebs_jt3/a-jac_a-trhl-318_b44v_b65a_c52lsp_c89a_d53c_d90l_d96a-rhd_f47n_f53b_f96gh_h48w_h53l_h75b_t2r6547_vsas_z68t-rhd/jdxpayoff.html

So it's an R-Sport 2.0 200 in (you guessed?) Bluefire, with chrome window surrounds to accent the Jag shape, and jet seats with oyster inserts, so not too dark inside - I think the red and blue insert options look very Peugeot! Went for heated front screen, washer jets, steering wheel, front and rear seats, Meridian sound, air quality sensor, 40/20/40 split seat. Also I like to have non-standard wheels so went with the 18" Templar, with the wider rears.

Also a late change from the Parking Pack (camera) to Advanced Parking Pack (parallel and bay parking) as it was only £470 more.

A few comments...
1. Panoramic sunroof is far from that on the inside and cuts into headroom too - as I do a lot of motorway driving I don't need the pollution and dust either - so got the air quality recirculation for £50, instead of a £1,000 sunroof.
2. The above wheel option is the only one to keep the wider 8.5J rear wheel size that comes with the standard wheels ;)
3. Cooled seats are a ridiculous price!!! £800 option, but only with electric lumbar and electric seats, so min. £1,500. If they were £800 even I would have considered them, but with the standard sport seats feeling comfortable on my test drive and me driving 99% of the time I don't want to haul around a load of electric motors for no reason, once I've set my seats up.
4. The cabin pre-heat option seems a bit "Nordic" so I was chuffed to hear about the InControl remote temperature app. that's standard with the automatic.
5. Bit of a gamble but going without the space saver spare wheel - let's see if I regret that.
6. £375 for aluminium paddles is a bit harsh, but I had to have that tactile feeling - plastic just wouldn't do.
7. I think the plastic knobs for the rear seat fold release look rubbish.
8. The £525 Cold Climate Pack is more expensive than the individual items!!
£300 heated windscreen and washer jets + £185 heated steering wheel = £485 and heated front seats are standard anyway! AND, if you choose the pack it actually adds £710 anyway - go figure that. Bit naughty I think. Maybe you get heated REAR seats - that would make more sense as it would be a £75 saving. I've gone individual for safety and Jag are being questioned in the morning.
9. £5,035 cheaper than a 180 diesel auto is a no brainer for me - unfortunately as is the £6,100 for an extra 40 bhp!! Come on Jag, that's taking the pee really.

I got the dealer - H.A. Fox in Guildford, to throw in some premium carpet mats and the GuardX protection for free.

I also did some research and got them to match the best combined Jag + dealer contribution of £2,535 total, which I was pleased of - maybe they're worried about loosing deposits with petrol delivery times?

The day I put down my deposit I was told delivery had gone back from September to January! :( Last week it came back to early September, but with confirmation of no petrol Ingenium engine in sight - one of the colleagues says the factory is not fully set up yet. It's comforting to hear that the Ford derived engine is well regarded (and proven), and it certainly felt good on the test drive.

Ok, I'll stop now!

Can you tell I'm excited????? :)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Also I like to have non-standard wheels so went with the 18" 7 twin spoke silver Matrix.
The configurator link goes to Templar wheels not Matrix wheels, which ones have you gone for? And what do you mean about the wider 8.5j wheel size?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, yes Templar, not Matrix.

All other 18" wheels are 7.5J - with the standard R-Sport Star 5 Spoke or Templar you get 8.5J rears :)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
So is that wider? Sorry I know nothing about tyres!

·
Registered
799 Posts
HaloJones said:
So is that wider? Sorry I know nothing about tyres!
Yes J Is the width of the rim.

Wider wheels at back look so nice on RWD.

I have 245 up front 275 at rear on current car.

Have the standard r sport wheels coming which have the wider backs ☺

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
So would the Templar on a portfolio be wider at the back too?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bluefire, this is what yours will look like externally with Templars (although this is a 180)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Except for the window surrounds

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got excited seeing this thinking that my 200 would have twin symmetrical exhausts but no, just another dealer mistake!

...it's actually a 240

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bluefire said:
H
9. £5,035 cheaper than a 180 diesel auto is a no brainer for me - unfortunately as is the £6,100 for an extra 40 bhp!! Come on Jag, that's taking the pee really.

Spot on Bluefire. The extra money for 40hp is a rip off particularly as it is the identical engine just re-mapped. Probably be able to get it chipped for under £500.00 in a few months though 200hp is fine for me.

Pick my Bluefire XE Prestige on Friday! I went for the projector wheels as a) easier to clean and b) I have a set of Winter tyres that will fit!

Good luck with yours

View attachment jaguar3.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
You mention petrol no brainier over the 180 diesel. Depends on your mileage. Yes there big saving to purchase but if like my wife, doing at least 15k miles a year, in long run over 3 / 4 years it's quids in with diesel. All depends on how long you plan to keep and annual mileage.
Also the 200 petrol compared to 180 d I'm sure has few things different just like compared to the 163 d. So check the spec to anyone else reading this post.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
15 k a year over 3 years = petrol.

Once you go over 3.5 years maybe back to diesel.

...except it is a smelly old nasty fuel and a noisy engine - I'd certainly never have a diesel convertible!

Initially I was concerned it wouldn't be an Ingenium engine but to be honest I'm really not so bothered now I've seen the sort of mpg being reported and looking forward to a nice smooth revving engine again. And compared to my Mustang it's going to be parsimonious!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also went for heated screen and heated steering wheel. Thought it was odd that it was cheaper that the winter/ cold pack.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's annoying how the extras work out. We spent to much as it was so left heated screen and wheel off. Thought the remote app for heating help towards heating window on frosty mornings and wife can wear gloves :).
Got black pack, 19' black radiance alloys and full park pack. Looks great bit of kit to help wife park it as big jump in size.
Ver disappointed that jaguar don't supply chrome exhaust for r sport as it is a sports model. Not even a optional accessory. Gonna get after market ones I think. Split seats is a joke too.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Placed my deposit on 11th June and was told to expect a delivery in early September - but wasn't hanging my hopes on that to be honest.

Dealer emailed me today to say they are expecting it on 24th August, so allowing for an un-rushed PDI and prep. I'll be in one of the first 65 plate cars.

Happy boy - excitement level just gone up to 11!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bluefire - get in line!! :D

Mines in stock now but can't have until 1st Sept due to current company car contract, as such I've arranged to collect from dealer first thing (heard mixed reviews on company car delivery handovers due to agency drivers) so I'm hoping to be one of....if not the....first with a '65 plate

The race is on......

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I just got back in line!! :(

Went along to sign up for paperwork today and was thinking of maybe picking it up on Friday 4th as it's my birthday.

Turns out it's been put back to Friday 11th now, so I've agreed to Sunday 13th to collect - although transporters do come along with cars not expected yet apparently!! :))

So this gives them a couple of days to do a (proper!) PDI, fit the aluminium paddles and do the GardX and luxury mats (both freebies).

Also to change the gloss black window surrounds to chrome as per ordered spec!

...good job I asked to see the build spec. sheet eh!

At least they have an XE in the showroom with chrome trim so, as long as no scratches when swapping over, there's no excuse for not getting a set in time.

What's the betting that extra week feels like an age though!

At least now knowing my 65 reg number it feels close now.

I'm just hoping that my polite response and understanding means it's a sure bet for a full tank of petrol and a few freebies as a "welcome to Jaguar" response.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts