Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening to all on the forum,

I have ordered my first Jaguar. It was actually late last year that I put a deposit down with Sunshine Jaguar on the Gold Coast. I have been given a delivery date of 18 Sept which isn't too bad knowing that the vehicle isn't released into Australia until 1 Sept.

I have ordered the following vehicle: (Australian spec)

R-Sport, 2.0L 132KW Turbocharged Diesel (Auto transmission - standard)
Ammonite Grey
19" Venom (Black) wheels
Jet/Red Luxtec seats
Meridian 380W Audio System (standard)
Advanced Parking Assist Pack with Proximity Camera
Black Pack
Luxury Pack (standard)

Third Party extras:

Darkest legal tinted windows
Dash cam (front and rear) with movement sensors

The vehicle will be replacing my Kia Sportage 2010 Platinum diesel so it should be huge difference. I have just replaced my wife's old Honda CRV 2007 with a Volvo XC60 T5. Now that is one under-rated vehicle. I thought about going with Volvo again but couldn't stop thinking about the Jag.

Cheers Laurie

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations. I put my order in about a month ago and have been given a delivery date of October 23. By the way I'm from Adelaide.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chazmatt,

Good to hear from you......looking forward to Sept, it can't come fast enough. I am still waiting for confirmed pricing as it looks like the company paid to input all the details on to the Jaguar computer systems haven't completed that task as yet. Therefore, Jaguar are unable to provide proper quotes/invoices for their customers. At the moment I am unable to provide anything to my salary sacrifice provider.

Cheers Laurie

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Laurie,
Fortunately I'm retired and don't have to worry about salary sacrificing. However my dealer was able to give me a proper price for the base car and all the options I included. I agree, delivery can't come fast enough for me either. The unfortunate bit for me is that I will be just north of Brisbane in the Sunshine Coast when delivery is due and not returning until early November, so I will have to wait until then. Bugger!
Anyway hope everything goes well with your deiivery.
Regards Chaz (chazmatt)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Laurie - congrats mate, looks like a really nice spec! I was out in Brisbane myself a few years ago, my sister in law is from there. Nice city, really clean and modern :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chaz, the Sunshine Coast will be great at that time of year. I get up that way quite a bit for work and have the luxury of work paying for my accommodation. A week or two with your vehicle sitting at the dealer's.....thats going to be hard to take :)

Hi Richarda, nice to hear from you........I am biased but I think Brisbane is the best city in Australia. We have the luxury of having the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast on either side of us. However, wasn't born here, came over as a 10 pound pom from Hertfordshire as a 4yr old.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just dropped into my dealer this morning. A few updates being the car was built on 9 July and the delivery date has gone out to 2 Oct from 18 Sept. With the car already built, hopefully the delivery date might come forward again.

I have been given the order sheet so I can view the core spec and options. All looks correct. :-bd

I have the VIN and tried a quick check on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen Track and Trace website but with no luck. https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?url=https%3A%2F%2Fatt.2wglobal.com%2Fgstattweb%2Focean.do%3Fmethod%3DgetDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage (Don't even know if that is the correct website to check for Australian deliveries). Anyway, it came up "No Records Found" so I will keep trying every few days.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Laurie

Have you thought about how you'll power your dash cam? Are you going to hard-wire or use the 12v socket? If so, the 12v socket is in the armrest, not in the dash.

If you're going to use front and rear with movement sensors, I presume you're going to hard-wire and use a Power Magic Pro to make sure you don't drain the battery?

I'd like to get a dash cam for mine and I'd prefer something like the Blackvue DR650GW, but I'm hesitant on hard-wiring as I'd need to get someone to do it. I am also waiting to see if others have any problems with battery drain etc. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Plymothian,

The dash cam will be hard wired by a professional installer. I have used this company before and they are pretty good. The unit that my leasing company has special deals in is the Cowon AW2 but there may be a new model out now. My major concern is leaving my car parked at a shopping centre and having it scratched by a crappy driver or reckless trolley pusher.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Saw my first XE today. :-bd My Jaguar dealer rang this morning to tell me that their first demo was in the show room although still under wraps until official Australian release on October 1. :(( However if I went in to the showroom the salesman said that the cover might accidentally fall off which it did. :D Wow, much better looking car in the flesh than I imagined. :x So glad that I ordered several weeks ago. But now the wait is even more painful. :(
Can you believe that in the whole of South Australia there is only one Jaguar dealer and he is nearly 40k away from me .The next nearest dealer is in Melbourne, Victoria, well over 750k away. So Jags in Adelaide are a rare sight in fact you can drive around all day and not see one.
So I am so exccited at being the future owner of an XE as I am sure that there will not be another in my neighbourhood. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oops. Official release is September 1 not October 1.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Chazmatt,

I will get my opportunity to see my first XE this Friday night when my dealer (who is also a Volvo dealer) will be presenting the new Volvo XC90. As my wife has a new XC60 we have been invited to the release and I will get my chance to see the XE at the same time. I think my dealer got their car Tuesday last week (Portfolio is Ammonite Grey) but this will be my first opportunity to see it (being I am an hour drive away).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lozzajim and I hope you'll be as impressed with the looks of the XE as I was.
By the way, my Jaguar dealer is also the local Volvo dealer amongst other prestige marques.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have been following my vehicle using the Wallenius Wilemsen shipping service and the VIN given to me by my dealer. The vehicle has finally made it to Brisbane this morning. Hopefully it will be off the dealer soon and my delivery date can be confirmed. At the moment. delivery stands as Friday 25 Sept.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome to all our antipodean friends and good luck with your 'cats'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts