Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Looking to go for a XE. Did a few test drives here in The Netherlands in the auto and manual version and I'm pretty impressed.
Still thinking about a few details, like color, though - some colors are just new since June but it's always a gamble when you can't see it IRL yet..

You'll see me sniffing around the board and if/when I order i'll post the details of the order :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Roderick,

Keep us informed of your choices!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Colour-wise, I know just what you mean, that was the hardest bit of my choice as I had only seen a few colours in the metal! I ended up going with IRR as I found that looked stunning in every light (saw it several times on different days). good luck with your choice :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red should really look great, Richarda.
I'm currently doubting between Ammonite Grey, Tempest Grey or Bluefire.

I've seen the Ammonite on pictures here on the forum and it's a nice color but much lighter than on the Jag Online configurator. I've seen the Bluefire in real life and it surprised me how much I liked it. Tempest Grey will be more anthracite in real life I reckon, which appeals to me as I hope it looks like Ammonite does in the configurator (darker grey) but I hate not being able to see it in person...

Already decided on getting the black pack so that would definitely work with Bluefire. Haven't seen it in combination with Ammonite yet.

Well.. I'll give it some more thought :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Roderick said:
I'm currently doubting between Ammonite Grey, Tempest Grey or Bluefire. I've seen the Ammonite on pictures here on the forum and it's a nice color but much lighter than on the Jag Online configurator.
Ammonite color really depends on the lightning outside... it changes from normal grey to a dark grey all through the day,...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marc said:
Roderick said:
I'm currently doubting between Ammonite Grey, Tempest Grey or Bluefire. I've seen the Ammonite on pictures here on the forum and it's a nice color but much lighter than on the Jag Online configurator.
Ammonite color really depends on the lightning outside... it changes from normal grey to a dark grey all through the day,...
Right. I've seen your hires pictures, looks very good! Actually is making me lean towards Ammonite.. ! How do you think the black pack would look on it in real life?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I was originally going for the bluefire.
Then I came across a dealership that had two demo cars,one in bluefire other in ammonite,he put them side by side for me.
My mind was made up there and then.
IMHO ammonite really suites the R sport.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Roderick said:
Marc said:
Roderick said:
Right. I've seen your hires pictures, looks very good! Actually is making me lean towards Ammonite.. ! How do you think the black pack would look on it in real life?
Happy to please you :) I don't know about the black pack.... I didn't think too long about it when ordering, because I was scared the car would become too much gangsta style :)
(my previous car was too much like a gangsta car)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ammonite gray is fantastic! I have many pictures of that color, because our test car has exactly that color. :D
Of course there are other colors as well as beautiful !!! :ymapplause:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The specs:

R-Sport 163ps auto, Privacy Glass, Navigation Pack, Xenon, Convenience Pack, Leather Jet/Jet - Light Oyster, Meridan Sound System, Auto folding mirrors (no pack), 19'' Star 5-Twin Spoke alloys, Black Pack, Sport pedal set, Ammonite Grey (would have gone for the Tempest Grey but no dealer nor Google could show me any real life models or pictures).

I'm really going to miss my rear view camera though.. Oh well, can't have it all ;-)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gsb1970 said:
Isn't the reversing camera standard?
I ordered the parking pack which just adds front sensors.
Don't think so. It's listed (also in the Parking Pack) as an option. Would be great news if somebody could confirm what you think though! But i'm not getting my hopes up. :roll:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gsb1970 said:
Sorry thought it was.
As the rear windows are tinted you could drop privacy glass in favour of the parking pack...maybe
I really want the privacy glass and I loathe parking sensors, so that's no option for me. Pitty you can't choose the rearview camera as an option without a pack.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Soooo.. .after seeing the thread of Imaz.80 (http://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1188) and his Storm Grey color I've fell in love with it and am going to change the color on my order tomorrow. Finally feel like I'e made the right choice as I ordered the black pack but never really felt like it suited the amonite grey color.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.