Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Been reading the forum for a while and thought it was about time to register as I am a potential XE purchaser.

Currently the owner of two Defenders and a Boxster. Looking to change one of the Defenders and get a 240 R sport.

Going to visit the dealer in Exeter on Friday to see what's what.

Bob

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell me about it !

Many years ago I visited the same dealer and ended up walking out with an X estate !

I have to admit it was a brilliant vehicle and I never had an issue with it.
Brother in law ended up with an F type last year - I did warn him :))
At present my biggest concern is delivery time and if it as long as I have read will I actually be looking at the new petrol engine ?

As the Defender that will be going is used almost daily I can't afford to be without it and it will probably go in P/ex or I will sell it privately. It is only two years old but I have already been offered what I paid for it and with production ending this year I can't see it depreciating a lot.

I have looked at the XF a couple of times but it is not what I want.

I have had some quotes from Carwow, some gave discounts but most were only giving discount on HP etc which I don't want.

As the Porsche is in for a service Friday and the Jag dealer is almost next door it would be rude not to have a look !

Bob

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the other half hears that I am thinking of changing cars she normally goes a bit loopy !

When I suggested we went and had a look at the XE all she was worried about was the 0 to 60 time hence the reason I am looking at the 240 R sport.

I think she has actually picked a colour as well :-O

Bob

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have but I want to reach pension age :))

Having driven the F, which is brilliant I have to say, I think the S would be a bit of a handful for the other half. We live in the back of beyond and some of the local lanes are interesting to say the least. She has no problems with the Boxster, it is quite small, or the Defenders, I am bigger than you rules there,
and I think the XE sport will suit her style of driving as well.

However...... if the dealer has an S and she drives it things may change very quickly - in more ways than one :))

Bob

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't %-(

The sound of a straight through exhaust on a TD5 Defender will have to do !!

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.