Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It didn't take much persuasion for me to place an order for the XE, I must admit!

Started a new job a couple of months ago, with the benefit of a company car. Typical office maladministration meant that it took longer than expected to gain access to the company car ordering site, but once my details were sent, the first thing I looked for was the XE! Hooray, it's on there!

A trip down to my local showroom at the weekend, to take her out for a test drive. Fell in love! My better half spent an hour looking over the interior fabric and the paint choices - when we got home, the order was placed! Estimated delivery date of 30th October - I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come,

XE 163PS Prestige
Odyssey Red
Taurus Leather - Latte with jet stitching.

Cold Climate Pack
HUD
Interior Mood Lighting Premium (don't know why, just looked fun!)
Memory Pack (w/ mirrors)
Panoramic Sunroof
Parking Pack

Can't wait to post pictures of her up!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice one, and nice spec

I ordered mine in January and at the time they weren't even on the Lex Autolease system I had to force it though and it's still not here :(

·
Registered
664 Posts
that's quite a list of extras :)

Have you ordered a prestige or portfolio? Noticed your signature says different to your post ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - its the prestige, changed the sig now! I was trying to decide between the two, went for the prestige in the end, so I could spend some more on some extras.

Ended up going for the auto - which was always my preference, but my better half wasn't keen. Then one day after a longer commute home than normal, she said "I wish we had an auto"!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... 30th October has come, and I am without my cat! :(

It's being delivered tomorrow instead! I am like a kid on Christmas Eve. Although somehow my other half has somehow convinced me to let her borrow it for the week as she is off to visit her parents, so I might get to play in it for a few hours tomorrow!

Had the emails during the week giving me the InControl setup - I can see where she is. Whilst it is tempting to 'beep & flash', I must remain mature!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well she's arrived, and she was well worth the wait. However without the power fold mirrors, or the colour changing interior!

The latter I can live without, but I paid for it, so I want rectifying. The former though is a must, given the tight parking at mine!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Such a shame...has the dealership offered to fit the powerfold mirrors?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm through a company car scheme, so it can only be fleet who answer the question... And they only work 9-5 M-F.

I'd have thought it would be a factory fitting not a dealership though?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Possibly,but the wiring may already be in place as you have the memory pack.
Hope you have a positive start to the week!

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,433 Posts
Crumpet said:
Had the emails during the week giving me the InControl setup - I can see where she is. Whilst it is tempting to 'beep & flash', I must remain mature!
Bet you can't!
:lol:
Far too tempting...............
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Unfortunately it won't work anyway, you have to enter a pin number...?!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gsb1970 said:
Possibly,but the wiring may already be in place as you have the memory pack.
Hope you have a positive start to the week!
Factory fitted, and economically unfeasible to retro fit was the news today. Waiting for them to come back to me to tell me how they will rectify.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love the car - don't want rid of it. Though I want what I've paid for - how they sort that out is their problem, not mine.

Not happy with them though - promised me a call back yesterday. Still waiting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts