Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've got your brand new XE, how many miles were on the clock when you picked it up? How many is "normal"? Last car I bought from new had 7 miles on it.

According to the odometer, the car I'm picking up tomorrow has been driven for 24 miles already... the nearest petrol station is less than a mile away from the dealership. I'm wondering why?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine had done 17 miles. I think the PDI includes a road test? My last new car though had done 4 miles.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks - 24 is within the reasonable bracket then :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Tonyh74 said:
A certain amount of cars get a slightly longer road test at the factory by trained drivers. 20+ miles is normal, mine came with 28 on. I'm a JLR employee.
No wonder you were grinning in your xe....I read that you guys get a fantastic discount.. :ymapplause:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Njco74 said:
Mine came with around 60
Obviously they enjoyed the test drive a bit too much then :)

Perhaps the first XE S they've had??

·
Registered
140 Posts
Tonyh74 said:
A certain amount of cars get a slightly longer road test at the factory by trained drivers. 20+ miles is normal, mine came with 28 on. I'm a JLR employee.
On the A429 and about I guess? I saw 9 or 10 on Wednesday as I drove to Leicester, all with trade plates, different colours and models. One, an IRR XE S, I saw much further south on the A350.

·
Registered
799 Posts
As I'm over 20 miles from dealers they said they would deliver mine to me on a lorry to save clocking up miles will see if it's true in 2 weeks.

Last new car I had was a Ford. 66 miles on odometer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hmm i imagine mine will come with over 100 on.... I live in essex and the supplying garage is in Leicester plus being a company car I doubt they worry too much about trailered delivery

·
Registered
799 Posts
wakey said:
Hmm i imagine mine will come with over 100 on.... I live in essex and the supplying garage is in Leicester plus being a company car I doubt they worry too much about trailered delivery
Mines a company car and coming from Coventry to south west London on a trailer. Jag told me over 20 miles = trailer.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.