Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to fit my own as I couldn't justify the Jaguar charge of £100 to fit front and rear mudflaps plus I enjoy working at my own car so here goes.

Firstly the mudflaps are supplied with a QR code which means you have to download their instructions. Jaguar recommends raising the car and removing the wheels. This is completely unnecessary for the rear wheels as I had more than enough clearance. The mudflaps can be fitted with nothing more than a simple tool kit but it does require you to drill one 6mm hole in the bumper. If this makes you nervous seek a professional. From here on its just a matter of following Jaguars instructions.

One job worth doing is a quick spray of copper grease on the threads of the screw and bolts. You don't have to but it's good practise as these are located where the elements will rust them solid in years to come.

Job done, now you can spend your £50 in labour elsewhere like taking your lady out for dinner if only to get an excuse to drive the car somewhere to show it off.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Please sort out your photos before posting them! they are all massive and upside down :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SiblingChris said:
Please sort out your photos before posting them! they are all massive and upside down :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
No idea what's going on as I've being posting using my phone. I'll use a desktop tonight and have a look.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ordered mudflaps for my car which i picked up on Monday but the car came without them fitted as there has been a re call on them. They used to be sent with the car and the dealers were fitting them but they were having problems so they are in the process of re designing them.
The XE demo in my dealers showroom has the old ones fitted but the back ones are hanging off !!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to get the rear fitted ok but for the price of them they are not an exact fit. It's almost like the flaps are not an exact mould of the bumper. I guess mine will be coming off when I find out about the updated ones. I've just finished fitting the fronts and they aren't great. The bolt hole at the bottom had to be modified to fit. The problem once again is the method of attaching the flap to the wing of the car. There is some 3M tape that seems to be holding them on well at the moment but I don't expect it to last long. At least the car will have some form of protection in the mean time.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SiblingChris said:
ive had a look at them on a desktop and can see what you mean. All photos have been removed until someone can tell me how to resize them. The mobile version of this doesn't seem to do it automatically. Strange thing is my post R sport 240 has photos posted exactly the same way and they are fine. Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.