Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fitted the Skoda Yeti stainless steel trims to my R Sport 240. Don't let that put you off. They are very good quality stainless steel and will certainly outlast any cheap chrome trims you may pick up elsewhere. Im very happy with the result and I hope you agree. They can be picked up on eBay for as little as £25 per pair.

Fitting was actually easier than I thought and requires no more than a block of soft wood and a rubber mallet.

The original exhaust has been cut at an angle and the trims also match this angle very closely. (For a slightly better fit you could take a dremel and get the exact angle but I don't think it's worth the extra time or skill required)

Inside the trims there are four tangs with teeth. One top, one bottom, one left and one right. To ease the fitting I put a smear of copper grease along the point of contact on the cars exhaust.

Next line up the trim and press fit to start. Because of the angle the top and two side tangs will slip over the exhaust pipe first. To locate the bottom I used a flat screwdriver to lever it down enough to push the bottom tang on.

At this stage it is very important to make sure the trim is lined up by twisting until you are completely happy. Once it is driven into place it will be nearly impossible to adjust.

Next take the block of soft wood and place flat along the face of the trim. A few good strikes with a mallet and that's it your done. Now give it a quick clean with some metal polish, stand back and enjoy your work.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks good, would the same be suitable for the Portfolio and could it in anyway impact the warranty,?

Biscuit

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would imagine that all of the tailpipes are around the same diameter even the diesels. Is your portfolio a 240 ps? As far as warranty goes, yes its not a genuine jaguar approved part but there is literally nothing that can be affected by the fitting of these.

·
Registered
799 Posts
They look great. Just how they should of looked when they left the factory

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tobes said:
They look great. Just how they should of looked when they left the factory
Couldn't agree more. Manufacturers do use these forums to see what's being said and look for potential issues. So if your reading this Jaguar go into your spare parts bin and get it sorted.

Perhaps they could rob the ones of the XES now that they don't need them till next year. Sorry to all the XES buyers, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That looks loads better!

I will mention this to see what reaction I get - I am in the Global Parts team anyway so at worst I'll try and get them added to the catalogue :))

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beaky said:
That looks loads better!

I will mention this to see what reaction I get - I am in the Global Parts team anyway so at worst I'll try and get them added to the catalogue :))
Thank you beaky! I try my best

I can see their faces when you tell them owners are resorting to fitting Skoda parts in order to finish off the car :ymblushing:

·
Registered
664 Posts
this might be a stupid question, but the 163bhp diesels have concealed tail pipes don't they?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Afraid not, but dying to see the photos when you manage to post them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you add them as attachments to the forum then You have to resize them on your computer or tablet or whatever beforehand. You'll need an app for that but I would say 640x480 is probably plenty big enough for embedding in a post, if you are not happy with that try 800x600 but I would suggest not larger.

I'm not a Mac person but I can tell you how to do it on Windows or iPad/iPhone try the free app called >Resize

The alternative is to upload your images to Flickr or photobucket or similar online service in full size, and both of those will auto resize and give you direct links that you can simply insert using the IMG button in the "full editor" when posting here

HTH

·
Registered
664 Posts
Photos look much better to me now. Thanks.
This is a great mod, looks way better than the default

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yep photos now work

Wow, tailpipes look fantastic :-bd

Take note Jaguar, that's what you should be doing in the factory !

Great work, looks so much better now than the originals. Thanks for sharing your tips and source, it's things like that which makes forums like these a great reference point for like minded individuals.

·
Registered
93 Posts
SiblingChris said:
this might be a stupid question, but the 163bhp diesels have concealed tail pipes don't they?
Yes they do - I've ordered a 163 too - no flashy chrome exhaust pipes for us I'm afraid!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Now the question is : would those fit on 180PS diesel dual exhausts? (those are close to each other)

Would you have the opportunity to tell us what's the external diameter of your exhausts so we can be sure both diesel and petrol exhausts share the same dimensions?

·
Registered
664 Posts
1 - 20 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.