Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My delivery date was initially end of August, but was moved forward to July 29th. Yesterday I was told it was moved to the end of September because of issues with the HUD, so I've asked the dealer to find out what the new date would be if the HUD is removed.

(After having driven an XE I found that the LCD panel between the rev counter and speedo gives all of the information that the HUD displays anyway, and is probably only 20cm down, so I'll save myself a grand in the process).

I don't know if the issue relates to delivery of the HUD to Jaguar or technical problems with it.

Has anyone else been quoted an extended date because of HUD issues?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I did hear that it has caused issues i believe the delay is being caused by a software problem i didnt order it myself because when i looked at it i thought it wasnt that impressive, other than its a laser system not a digital screen like in some other cars for £1000 i did expect more also if you havent purchased the pack for the blind spot and traffic sign recognition it only shows your speed and next turn if you have the sat nav on so i had the same idea save a £1000 and look down

·
Registered
359 Posts
When I first spotted that this was an option I thought I have to have it. After seeing it in various videos I'm glad I didn't. As you say it gives the most basic amount of information and in my opinion is not worth the £1000 price tag. It could have been so much better. If it was delaying my car I'd definitely ditch it and save the money or add another more useful option.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had the HUD on my order originally as virtually my only option - but removed it and replaced with meridian, folding mirrors and the parking pack.

Its £1400 for the HUD as you have to order solar attenuating glass too, and like you guys I realised that it doesn't actually offer that much in a car like this. The laser system is a huge step up from the current BMW one for example, but it's still not quite there yet..we need their full windscreen hud before it's worth it imo :) Ive read terrible things about this particular hud in the daylight too - lots of flickering. This could be the software issue Jag are referring to.

My delivery date is end of september anyway so I am not sure if it added a delay or not - but then I only ordered on the 5th June and the car went build locked on the 15th. I need to get a bit of an update from the dealer actually to see if it's still September - if it build locked this week, then september seems a long time away! Then again I am not sure how long they take to build from that point.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spud211 said:
This could be the software issue Jag are referring to.
They never specified whether it was a software/hardware issue, or an issue with actually getting the units into stock.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There was a report posted a month or so ago on it ill try and find it. Ps was a test drive someone linked on another forum so may take some time to find

·
Registered
799 Posts
Spud211 said:
The laser system is a huge step up from the current BMW one for example, but it's still not quite there yet.
BMW did have theirs out many years ago. Would be dissapointing for someone to bring something out now that wasn't an improvement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts