Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eek!
After much deliberation I just put the order through to my work's leasing company :-bd :ymparty:

XE Portfolio 163bhp auto
Italian Racing Red
17" lightweight 15 spoke alloys
Privacy glass
Split/folding rear seats
14x14 elec seats with lumbar support
Parking pack
Power fold mirrors + blind spot detection

I know, I know....I've been going on about a manual, but I had to remind myself I said I wouldn't bother with rear wheel drive after everything I've heard from colleagues about experiences in the snow with their BMWs and the auto has the assisted start option as well as InControl Remote with the cabin preheat. I did look at the Prestige to see if this would offer any savings but interestingly the quotes came back as almost the exact same price as the portfolio by the time I had specced it up to more or less the same level.

As others have said in other threads, I'd dint want to spend best part of the next four years wishing I hadn't skimped on things I fancied, you only live once!......

·
Registered
799 Posts
Snow?

How many days a year? I've manages ok for 17 years with rwd bmw and never got stuck once.

Admittedly not the best in real winter conditions but in UK we don't get real winter.

Anyway congrats on your order

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snow? yes I know, its all relative and probably what you are used to. anyhow it was factor and in the end this was probably a little more of heart-based decision than a head one if I am being honest with myself!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Reviews seem to slate the manual so good choice anyway but winters shouldn't of figured imho

·
Registered
202 Posts
Oh I don't know - I had some nasty kerb-clunking experiences in rwd vehicles during the few snowy periods over the last five years or so.
So, I think you've made the right choice for all the reasons you've given Chris.

·
Registered
359 Posts
tobes said:
Snow?

How many days a year? I've manages ok for 17 years with rwd bmw and never got stuck once.

Admittedly not the best in real winter conditions but in UK we don't get real winter.

Anyway congrats on your order
I've been behind too many mercs and bmws in the snow and it's not an experience I ever wished for.
We may not get real winters but this countries inability to cope with the slightest snow fall makes it a problem.
Getting stuck even once is one too many for me as is sliding into a kerb and handing over £400 for a new rim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.