Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
And when/where did you order? :)

Great news, happy for you! This does fit with the comments i've read about cars almost "randomly" turning up at dealerships with no relation to when they were ordered. I guess JLR are building them whenever the relevant parts are in stock to try and avoid making it any worse.

I'm resisting the urge to email my dealer for an update as the dates they have don't seem to mean too much atm!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered in early April
Prestige
Manual
Italian racing red
I think the date I was told was around by 24th September. The dealer called lex autolease that it's in. So a total surprise

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was told by jaguar HQ that my car would be built on 17th July and with the dealer on 21st August.
Contacted them again just to check where things were up to, they said car will now be built on 21st august and with the dealer mid Sept.
The following day - 18th July I get a call from the dealer saying - your car's just arrived!
Make sense of that!!!

163 prestige IRR

·
Registered
505 Posts
cymro... I'm pleased for you, you lucky fellow...

Did anyone suggest to you what was happening to the car between 17th July and 21st August ?? Seems like "just in time" doesn't apply to shifting the car from the factory - doesn't really make much sense unless, of course, it was parked waiting some missing bits...... Somehow it doesn't seem to be a particularly efficient way to operate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it and I love it, boot is a little smaller than the 3 series and the engine a little louder. Overall a gorgeous car just need to get used to the infotainment

·
Registered
204 Posts
Don't forget to post a few pics for all to see :-bd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.