Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I get the feeling im going to be the only one left on this Forum come September.
Hope you have a great time when its delivered. At least I will get the new registration when mine comes in September :(( :(( :((
Ah well its worth waiting for if I don't explode by then
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I'm still waiting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
cantwaitfordelivery said:
I get the feeling im going to be the only one left on this Forum come September.
Hope you have a great time when its delivered. At least I will get the new registration when mine comes in September :(( :(( :((
Ah well its worth waiting for if I don't explode by then
I'll be here too, so you won't be on your own. Build date 17th July, arrives at dealers 20th August, I collect 1st Sept.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just saw my first xe in the exact colour and wheels combo at jaguar tamworth today.

See pics
looks lovely in this colour.

Photos do not do this car justice at all.

In the flesh it's got such a nice stance and the curves and tension of the design come to life when you see one instead of a photo. Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Tire
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Lovin the R Sport in that colour, looks real classy.

When are you hoping yours will arrive craste? Hope not too long to wait, as if you have seen the same spec in the flesh, then that's going to make the wait even harder for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Mine has arrived at the dealer and being delivered 3rd July. Would have been sooner but out of the country until then... the pain goes on a little longer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
harry said:
Lovin the R Sport in that colour, looks real classy.

When are you hoping yours will arrive craste? Hope not too long to wait, as if you have seen the same spec in the flesh, then that's going to make the wait even harder for you.
Get it on Wednesday 1st July!

Hope the black and oyster seats look good in the flesh.

They look nice in this video

Skip to 6:40
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
craste said:
harry said:
Lovin the R Sport in that colour, looks real classy.

When are you hoping yours will arrive craste? Hope not too long to wait, as if you have seen the same spec in the flesh, then that's going to make the wait even harder for you.
Get it on Wednesday 1st July!

Hope the black and oyster seats look good in the flesh.

They look nice in this video

Skip to 6:40
Another vid showing my exact spec excluding the auto gearbox
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Lucky you, 5 more sleeps till your XE

Be interested to hear what you think about the seats. I've only seen the black and red in the flesh. They looked a lot better in real life. I was tempted to go for the black and oyster myself, but having not seen them I decided to go for jet. I reckon will look great, post some pics when you get it, then I can drool over the pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
harry said:
Lucky you, 5 more sleeps till your XE

Be interested to hear what you think about the seats. I've only seen the black and red in the flesh. They looked a lot better in real life. I was tempted to go for the black and oyster myself, but having not seen them I decided to go for jet. I reckon will look great, post some pics when you get it, then I can drool over the pics.
Will do Harry :)
I'm looking forward to driving it on roads I know well so I can see and feel for myself how good it is.

Really looking forward to reading the proper full review in this weeks Autocar magazine too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Yep, I'm looking forward to hitting the local B roads to check out the handling. All the reviews I have read and seen to date have heaped praise on the handling and ride qualities. For me that's one of the major attractions, well that and the fact I love the look and styling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I think the front of the car looks so mean and stylish.

The only thing which I think is a let down is the space you put your fingers in to close the doors, Car magazine said it looked like a plastic bath for a barbie doll and it does it looks proper cheap and nasty.

But with the lovely seats, f-type steering wheel and superb dashboard its easily forgiven.

The way it drives due to the expensive front suspension will put a smile on our faces much longer than the initial disappointment of the bath tub.

This will be my first rear wheel drive car so will look forward to adjusting to the way it drives, especially around damp greasy 2nd gear roundabouts!

I currently drive an insignia SRI, its got the 19" 5 spoke alloys and I still think it's a nice looking car, after 3 years and 65k miles it hadn't missed a beat!

It's done me well. Car before that was a mk1 Focus RS.

The way that drive was awesome and even thought its 0-60 in 5.9 seconds it feels much quicker because when the turbo kicks in there's a proper shove in the back!

Drive the XE S s a few weeks ago and I thought it would shove me in the back like the RS did but becuase the powerband is so linear the shove is less pronounced.
Oh how I miss that RS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked up my car today, had lots of people in BMW 3-Series and Merc C-Class's giving me admiring stares today.

I love the oyster interior looks fantastic in the flesh, So happy with the colour and wheels combo.

It handles so well, I'm running it in at the moment but you can tell its got some grunt.
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover
Vehicle Car Seat belt Motor vehicle Automotive design
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I come from a vauxhall Insignia and it's better than that, I used to have a focus rs and it feels as good as that gearbox too.

It's good, short of throw and positive. Plus you can drive the car and feel involved!

I tried the auto box which is amazingly smooth but it's just stop and go.

With a manual you feel closer to the car, you are driving it!

I like it so if you have ordered it don't worry, you have made the drivers choice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

Great choice, and thanks for the photos of the interior and oyster/jet combination.

I'm with you on that re manual, was tempted to get the auto but went for manual for similar reasons. I no longer do alot of motor way mileage, so charging around twisty B roads in a manual is more fun to me and suits me and my driving style.

Good to hear you like the manual. Most reviews of the manual that I have seen have said it was good, I think I saw just one or two that were undecided. It's always hard with reviews, as with everything it's based on personal opinion and what you have past experience of. So good to hear your view.

Enjoy :-bd
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top