Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my XE R Sport 163 delivered today, and first job was to set up the Incontrol App, which all went through fine.

Everything works as it should except I'm missing the climate / remote start page on the App.

I've checked my subscriptions and I've got Incontrol Premium activated, and I've tried rebooting etc.

Any ideas why I haven't got access to the remote start facility?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Silly question:

You do know that you actually need two apps on the phone, right? inControl Apps and inControl Remote.

I only say this as you reference the inControl app and don't specify that it is actually called inControl Remote.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Is it a manual or an auto? I think this only works on the Automatics, as risk with a manual is that you might have left the car in gear, making remote start a bad idea.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Andy1979 said:
Is it a manual or an auto? I think this only works on the Automatics, as risk with a manual is that you might have left the car in gear, making remote start a bad idea.
Yes, you are correct. On page 161 of the manual it says 'The remote climate screen allows the engine to be started remotely (for vehicles with an automatic transmission)...

·
Registered
799 Posts
martinbailey said:
Andy1979 said:
Yes, you are correct. On page 161 of the manual it says 'The remote climate screen allows the engine to be started remotely (for vehicles with an automatic transmission)...
That is correct as far as the XE is concerned although annoyingly remote start is possible on cars with manuals as well. Safety feature is that if car is left in gear the car will NOT auto start. I'm just a bit gutted as when I checked with dealer he told me it works on both transmissions. He even went away to check.............

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
martinbailey said:
Andy1979 said:
Thanks all and yes mine is a manual. That's pants I was looking forward to using the remote start in the depths of winter. Not amused!

Now to find a way of hacking this app to bypass this safety feature crap

·
Registered
27 Posts
martinbailey said:
Silly question:

You do know that you actually need two apps on the phone, right? inControl Apps and inControl Remote.

I only say this as you reference the inControl app and don't specify that it is actually called inControl Remote.
What Martin said.

There are two apps. Incontrol App and Incontrol Remote.

For climate start you want to use the Remote app.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MrBigglesworth said:
martinbailey said:
Silly question:

What Martin said.

There are two apps. Incontrol App and Incontrol Remote.

For climate start you want to use the Remote app.
Yeah got both apps and use the remote app. The issue is that on the remote app I haven't got the remote start option shown at all. As per the above its because it's only available on autos because of stupid health and safety rules.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Alfa Male said:
Yeah got both apps and use the remote app. The issue is that on the remote app I haven't got the remote start option shown at all. As per the above its because it's only available on autos because of stupid health and safety rules.
Don't know about health and safety - I'd be more concerned about my XE crashing itself and getting damaged.

As others have said in this thread, better option would be for the car to refuse to remote start if left in gear. Perhaps they will enable this in a future software update, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Jholtum said:
I have an automatic and that feature isn't there for me either - odd
there are some markets where the the feature is disabled by law, even for autos. However if you have an auto and are UK based you should have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alfa Male said:
martinbailey said:
Andy1979 said:
Thanks all and yes mine is a manual. That's pants I was looking forward to using the remote start in the depths of winter. Not amused!

Now to find a way of hacking this app to bypass this safety feature crap
Hi Alfa Male, can you contact me? (I can not send pm yet...)
I would like to try something I came up with to see if the manual version can start (and cool/heat) remotely, without the restriction within the app.
darwusch [at] gmail . com

Regards,
Bas

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bas you have mail

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have remote climate it worked a few times but has now just stopped. The app still world with everything else so still communicating. Just won't start. Booked into the garage next week to have it looked at along with a few other teething issues. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rav1979 said:
I have remote climate it worked a few times but has now just stopped. The app still world with everything else so still communicating. Just won't start. Booked into the garage next week to have it looked at along with a few other teething issues. Has this happened to anyone else?
The remote app does not sound like a very stable system.
Please let us know what they conclude after your visit at the garage.

Could you also set the temperature when it was still working? Or only ventilation?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi, yes I could, it worked as it should have done but only around 3 times.

·
Registered
741 Posts
darwusch said:
Rav1979 said:
The remote app does not sound like a very stable system.
Please let us know what they conclude after your visit at the garage.

Could you also set the temperature when it was still working? Or only ventilation?
Ventilation? All I get is the ability to set a temp and press the (engine) start button. What is the ventilation option?

·
Registered
3 Posts
stever_51 said:
Ventilation? All I get is the ability to set a temp and press the (engine) start button. What is the ventilation option?
With the app started in demo mode, one of the example cars (I believe the XF) shows only the ventilation without temperature setting.
So I guess the temperature setting is not available on every type of car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts