1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that the additional SyGic Car Navigation app is £59.99 :-O

Speed camera subscription for 1 year £14.99
HD traffic info sub for 1 year is £22.99

Slightly annoying when you see it demonstrated as though it's just a standard built-in thing. I appreciate it is not a JLR developed app but still.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree, although I was told by someone at the dealership that the standard app was 'traffic aware'. Not sure how true that is now.

I'm really hoping that Google's Waze app will support InControl in the future, as that is a superb system with 'crowd sourced' traffic data - and it's free.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just checked the manual (which I downloaded from a link on this forum). On page 167 it shows a picture of the satnav screen and for icon 4 (I in a circle) it says:

Touch to show information for a Point of Interest (POI), or for traffic information.

On the next page it has the following options under Settings | Guidance screen:

SETTINGS - GUIDANCE
Touch the Guidance option on the Settings
menu, to view the following options:
• Play Voice Guidance Prompts.
• Lane Recommendation.
• Junction View.
• TMC Route Mode.
• TMC Avoidance Types: Select to switch the
following ON/OFF:
• Accidents.
• Closures.
• Traffic flow.
• Lane Restrictions.
• Others.
• Avoid (only available when under guidance).

But page 164 does confirm that 'the navigation system fitted to your vehicle does not support speed camera alerts.'

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Waze would be a good shout, but suspect they will want to keep their app generic

TMC is obviously the traffic aware bit for the built-in sat nav. I was interested in the InControl App (SyGic) that would allow you to set a destination and it would then continue on your phone as you leave the car and finish the last part on foot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts