Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can't wait to use InControl Remote in the winter and to find your car all warmed up when you leave the house?

I sacrificed the Climate Pack on the thought of, what is the point of it if you use the Remote features correctly?

Also, I read somewhere, the climate control can be set to a timer? The demo on the android app doesn't show this (like the C class app) is this something you do on the infotainment system?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree with you. It's a great feature. I work shifts so can wake in the winter to find the car nicely frozen or under snow. The thought of starting the car remotely whilst I have breakfast from the warmth of the house is very appealing.

Likewise during the daytime it's nice to get into an pre air conditioned car after a long day. It's just a question of when will I get my car and will the summer ever arrive in the UK?

Yes the climate does have a timer so it can be set to start at the required times. It's not in the demo app but maybe added later through an update. Think of the fun you can have if you see someone looking around your car whilst parked.

Who thinks though that cars left running with no driver might be reported to the police. I know I would find it strange.

I still added a heated screen and steering wheel though as I still find them useful. The car comes with heated seats and if the configurator is to be believed adding the windscreen adds the heated washer jets for free.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It's only available on the autos so I'll miss that feature, but have the cold climate pack so I'll cope.
Also noted user manual says only fitted/ to be used where legal. Having checked it seems to be illegal to use on public roads in the UK, so is it available on UK models??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quigon said:
It's only available on the autos so I'll miss that feature, but have the cold climate pack so I'll cope.
Also noted user manual says only fitted/ to be used where legal. Having checked it seems to be illegal to use on public roads in the UK, so is it available on UK models??
Yes Ive ordered the Auto.

How is it illegal in the UK? surely, as long as the vehicle is locked and secure? The app forces you to lock the vehicle before switching on for the heating?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dale I wonder what is the definition of "unattended"? The Highway code doesn't give any indication. For instance you could leave the car to clear the windows of ice and in a hard frost take more than 2 minutes to clear them!

Anyhow, it is not illegal to leave your car running on private property - the only issue would be on health and safety grounds; pollution. So surely Jaguar wont preclude remote starting of the engine from the app? Although looking at the Land Rover app, which I believe is similar, I can't see the ability to start the engine remotely.

Update: Confirmed Jaguar have included remote starting, but the vehicle must be locked and it will also turn on the dashboard lights only (which apparently is a legal requirement !)

·
Registered
134 Posts
No private property you can pretty much do what you want within reason and im not entirely sure how they would enforce it unless parking attendents look out for it and like i said a nosey neighbour that likes to report every little niggle in your street :s we all have one lol and im guessing unattended means engine running and your out of view i really dont know anyway we will be getting into toasty warm cars in the winter thats all that matters :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah hopefully no problems will arise.

Yes if you use the Demo on the app, and select the heat button, it states the car is unlocked and must be locked first, so this then locks the car, then in turn, turning the climate control on.

Awesome, first thing I will be trying !

·
Registered
799 Posts
Jaguar salesman need to watch this video. Was told on Saturday at Guy Salmon Thames Ditton that works on Manual and Auto.

Not sure why it can't work on a manual. Car knows if it's in neutral or not, so surely just allow remote start if it's in neutral, just like aftermarket alarms allowed in the 90's.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I spoke to a guy at the preview event and he said it was an insurance requirement as they can effectively 'lock' the auto box into park, but they can't do anything similar in a manual to prevent a drive-off. This is why there is the additional option of an external one - for the manual cars!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I would of thought no smart key in car resulted in cut out if car tried to move or if entry to car without smart key detected it cuts out.

Ford and a few others appear to offer on manuals in US.

Anyway choice was 163ps auto or 180ps manual so for the 3 cold days a year I will just have to send the wife out to warn the car out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.