Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After inquiring about the incontrol secure system i have recently found out that until it gets approved as an official tracking system it isnt recognised by insurance companies or at least the one im with at the moment (churchill)!i am not sure about jaguars own insurance but according to my current insurer its not currently a recognised tracker the system itself will still work as jaguar says but will not make a difference to insurances for now :(

·
Registered
425 Posts
I thought about InControl Secure but have dismissed it in favour of GAP insurance.
My reasoning; well with InControl Secure it may help you recover your vehicle if it is stolen. But, in what condition might you recover it - if at all? No guarantee.
Your insurance company should of course pay for any repairs - but this may result in you losing any no claims bonus.
Whereas GAP insurance will make up, after the pay out from your regular insurance company, the cost of replacing your car (up to five years old) with a New car, whether it is stolen or written off in an accident.
Also for five years cover GAP insurance can be cheaper than InControl secure as are other tracking system suppliers, for instance: Tracker.
If you explore the web you will find offers for a tracker system that will last the life time of your ownership and are cheaper than InControl Secure.
So, taking your research into account and my observations above I don't believe that InControl Secure is a very good deal at all.

I wonder what others on here might say?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dale, have you researched the InControl Secure anymore?

I'm surprised that Churchill don't recognise it in the XE, as an official tracking system, as I would believe it to be very similar to that fitted in JLR Land Rover vehicles and is a Thatcham approved system.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no ive not managed to get any info on it jaguar themselves give you the cold shoulder when emailing and asking on facebook about it the dealers cant seem to find out either and as for the insurers all they have said is if its not in the list they do not class it as a tracker, even though it does exactly the same i dont know if its got to go through some sort of test before its on the list as its a complete new system

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But ive been messing around with quotes for insurance and a tracker doesnt make much difference about £50 some insurers insist on a tracker on certain cars ie the ftype but as of yet none has requested it be fitted to an XES considering its £500 and x amount per year i wouldnt put one on unless the insurance demanded it and as u say gap insurance is far better these days who wants a car returning not knowing what state its in id rather use the gap and get a new one

·
Registered
425 Posts
There are vehicle tracking systems available that are more competitive than Jaguar's InControl Secure for instance Tracker Monitor (Thatcham CAT7 approved) is available for £578 which includes installation and lifetime membership and covers UK, France, Spain, Poland, Italy, Holland and Luxembourg.

http://www.trackerfit.co.uk/tracker-monitor.html

I don't know the company but they list several offices and give a Preston address which could of course be checked before proceeding with an order.

But after saying that, I still think GAP insurance is a better bet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.