Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

As the topic suggests I haven't actually ordered an XE yet, but am deliberating over one at present.
I am a company car driver (via LeaseDrive) so whilst I am focussed on practicality and comfort in my car choice the all important monthly charge including the tax bill has to be kept an eye on!

I have a couple of questions that I'll post elsewhere

Cheers

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I think we are/were in a similar position as I've taken an XE as a company car. No real difference in tax as everything I had the option for was similar tax values and the 1% cheaper in tax than the BM I was going for is negligible.

First ever jag for me and a step down size and performance wise from my own private car.

Standard spec was a big decider for me in my choice plus obviously the novelty factor of something new.

Cannot help you much with Jag as a brand but have researched the XE a fair bit. Been in an R sport but not driven.

Mines due in July

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Oh I meant to say I drove the 180bhp diesel RSport yesterday. I liked it and to be honest thought it knocks spots off the BMW 3 series I test drove.....it put a smile on my face driving it and that says a lot :)
It had quite a few bells and whistles on it though.

On that basis alone I'd be happy ordering an XE, it's all now about options and bang for buck! I come from having had a couple of skodas which rate highly in that regard, and they have a new cavernous Supberb that has caught my eye too.....but it's not a Jag ;)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Which 3 series? Their twin turbo diesels are incredible with no lag and pull from idle.

I could only get the single in a 3 series but twin if I took a 1 series. But both down on standard equipment compared to the xe

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a 320d EfficientDynamics Business Pro Media..and I guess I'm being picky. I have to live with my choice for 4 years!

It drove well, as you say very quick pickup when you put your foot to the pedal. I think that there were lots of driving options that I'd never use tbh. Sport mode seemed a bit overly firm a ride and a little twitchy, but that may just be me not used to it....the XE RSport it seemed, well more controlled and not so hard over the rubbish UK roads.

Rear seat space was a bit of a let down, as I thought space in the cockpit, small loading space for the boot, trim level whilst ok enough I guess I expected a lot more for the money. And I know some people love IDrive but it just seemed all overly complicated to me.

I know folk are talking about the cocooned feeling of being in the XE, but it felt more spacious to me sat in the drivers seat and I could stick my elbows out a bit! The scalloped door I think helps there.

·
Registered
799 Posts
That's the slower eco 3 series that was on my list too.

125d m sport was my choice from the list until I decided to try the XE. Ordered mine without seeing one.

I'm glad you are so picky though as it means I should be pretty happy when mine arrives!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.