Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Magenta Circle Screenshot Brand

Hi,
I’ve recently noticed the climate control from the app has stopped working.
I get a brief error message that says “vehicle not secure, check security status “ (see below) however it is secure. Anyone else had this ?

Font Circle Magenta Screenshot Brand

·
Registered
941 Posts
Have a look at my post regarding this app. I suggest that you charge your phone to 100% and your car battery and keep your fingers crossed as this happens nearly every month fo me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a look at my post regarding this app. I suggest that you charge your phone to 100% and your car battery and keep your fingers crossed as this happens nearly every month fo me.
Turns out after reading through threads I noticed someone mentioned resetting windows which struck a cord as I had had battery disconnected and problem seems to have stemmed from then. So I reset all windows by putting them down and back up whilst holding up for 2 seconds after all up then checkEd windows went up without having to hold buttons. Once reset retried remote start and hey presto it now works 🥳

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I had the same issue and it was the app (Android) itself that prompted me to do the windows reset. It worked and then I shared it with the forum. Since then, it's worked for a couple of other members too, and I'm glad it's resoloved your problem too. It's what makes this such a great forum... sharing ideas, issues and solutions.

Reactions: Nuttyspark

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not working for mine. Tried the window reset and the log out and back in to the site. I’m just giving up as I get stressed with all the tech stuff. It’s like the maps. Why Jaguar can’t do it over the air instead of using a stick is really annoying. Plus after a recent infotainment upgrade the car couldn’t recognise my iPhone but I eventually had to disconnect my phone from the car memory and then find it again. 😏

1 - 5 of 5 Posts