Jaguar XE Forum banner
141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Problem is if you take too long to get a legal ‘team’ letter out and they decide to dissolve the business then you’re screwed the sooner you take proper legal action the better imho but that’s based on inter business non payment of invoices and having to get winding up petitions in etc.

methinks the same principles will apply between a customer and seller though?
That is a legitimate concern, for sure @IvorB1H. I can ill afford to dither!
I'm only acting on the guidance of Citizens Advice, so far.

In the meantime, it is inevitably affecting my ability to do my day job; just don't tell my boss. :LOL:

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
644 Posts
Well it’s stuff like that that should be factored in too them holding the cash has no I’ll effect on them but far a private citizen to be down ££££’s it can take a massive toll!

Reactions: Rob_H

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Well it’s stuff like that that should be factored in too them holding the cash has no I’ll effect on them but far a private citizen to be down ££££’s it can take a massive toll!
Looks to me that I may be able claim costs ("consequential losses") as well as interest. Interest works out at just over £2 for each day its delayed until the final judgement.

·
Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
1,364 Posts
Sadly it looks like a court job. Make it rather nasty by involving Trading Standards as to false descriptions as I am sure they will be interested. They may already have a background case being prepared relating to other situations with the same firm. Make sure you have photo evidence of current stock in case you need to call in bailiffs. If it's a Limited Company they may fold and recourse may be harder as that company becomes insolvent. If it's Joe Bloggs Motors and Joe Bloggs is the main man you can still persue your case against him personally if you have to. there is a legal term that you stick on his property (house) so that if he sells it, you are paid out of any sale first inc interest.
The best thing to do now is what you have been advised legally, so far and then spend to gain all your money back inc interest and costs. Make sure the local newspaper also has the story at some point. Ask your solicitor about that before doing it, rather than screwing things up early.

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
644 Posts
Oh & once the solicitors are involved you do not have any contact with ’joe Bloggs ltd’ at that point I’ve always found that they try to pay you direct which although appealing means that they are trying to avoid any further costs including your solicitor etc. you just tell them to deal direct with the appointed professional 😉

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Don't forget to photograph current stoc with date, just in case they try the new business trick, to avoid paying you.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Rob, as I write the Sherriffs are coming"" BBC2 are showing the car programme again with the situation similar to yours. If you miss it try BBC I player later on. I doubt you will be looking at emails or Tele at present.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Rob, as I write the Sherriffs are coming"" BBC2 are showing the car programme again with the situation similar to yours. If you miss it try BBC I player later on. I doubt you will be looking at emails or Tele at present.
Thank you @Fighterpilot! I can look for that later on the BBC's on-demand service, as you rightly say.

I did manage to watch an episode of Call the Bailiffs (or whatever it's called) on My5. Possibly the one you suggested to me, in which the low-loaders turned up outside the dodgy director's house.

Anyone with half a brain could see that the dealer had been frantically trying to get the company director's name changed in the background, so as not to incriminate himself.
Same with the company's stock being actively removed from its website (in real time), in a bid to conceal its assets.

Thankfully the authorities saw right through those shenanigans.

·
Registered
447 Posts
In the USA, we have a similar avenue of redress called "Shame on you!" where the prime time News crew shows up on the doorstep of the offending shady company and starts asking pointed questions :)

Reactions: Rob_H
141 - 150 of 150 Posts