Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went past a black XE Sport on the M26 on Sunday. First XE I've actually seen on the road.

Ok nothing special about that apart from a badge. To the right hand side of the boot there was a large badge which said iE any idea what that means? Badge was a black circle approx 100mm diameter with silver embossed letters on it. Badge was same position as the xe badge but on right hand side.

Hybrid?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ingenium Engine???

·
Registered
664 Posts
If it's a plugin hybrid then I'm not bothered, but otherwise I'll be a bit mad as that could have massive positive I plifications for improved performance and low emissions making a serious positive impact for company car drivers :(

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SiblingChris said:
If it's a plugin hybrid then I'm not bothered, but otherwise I'll be a bit mad as that could have massive positive I plifications for improved performance and low emissions making a serious positive impact for company car drivers :(
Probably expensive but the new 330e is ridiculously low tax rating and with 240 odd bhp and 0 to 60 in the 6 range I would never bother to charge it just use it for tax reasons.

·
Registered
664 Posts
tobes said:
SiblingChris said:
Probably expensive but the new 330e is ridiculously low tax rating and with 240 odd bhp and 0 to 60 in the 6 range I would never bother to charge it just use it for tax reasons.
Yeah the c350e. I seriously contemplated it, it would have been half the cost of an XE to be honest....but ongoing running costs I couldn't get my head around, for quite a lot of motorway driving I think I would have lost out in the long run, tiny boot and there'd be nowhere but home to plug it in,

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
So you reckon that's a standard 163 engine badge? Nasty, hope it's easy to remove!

·
Registered
48 Posts
SiblingChris said:
So you reckon that's a standard 163 engine badge? Nasty, hope it's easy to remove!
According to the brochure it's a default badge off factory (other badges are placed by the dealerships) but you'll have to discus that with the dealer i guess :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SiblingChris said:
Agreed. It looks hyundai ish.

Will pop that off and apply my nordsclieffe sticker in its place

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is the "E-Performance" badge, which is standard on ALL 163ps diesels. You cannot order it without the badge.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Marc. All I'd seen at dealers were 180 or petrol versions.

No debadge option? Weird it's quite popular here.

·
Registered
256 Posts
tobes said:
Thanks Marc. All I'd seen at dealers were 180 or petrol versions.

No debadge option? Weird it's quite popular here.
Oh yes, you can debadge your XE, except the 163ps version.... It seems that Jaguar likes to distinguish them from the other versions (also by not showing the exhausts...)

·
Registered
25 Posts
That should come off if you heat it with a hairdryer for a couple of minutes. Isopropyl alcohol or lighter fluid will remove the remaining gunk.

·
Registered
256 Posts
XEJAG said:
That should come off if you heat it with a hairdryer for a couple of minutes. Isopropyl alcohol or lighter fluid will remove the remaining gunk.
Also some good tips to add the missing exhausts? :YMDEVIL:

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can buy the sports rear valance, but then I guess you'd need to rejig the tailpipes.
I'm sure that somebody will churn out a conversion before too long. Spires did one for the XF 2.2 to make it twin pipe like the 3.0

·
Registered
256 Posts
XEJAG said:
You can buy the sports rear valance, but then I guess you'd need to rejig the tailpipes.
I'm sure that somebody will churn out a conversion before too long. Spires did one for the XF 2.2 to make it twin pipe like the 3.0
I don't think so. The Sports Rear Valence could not be ordered for my 180ps Prestige...

·
Registered
664 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts