Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came across this. If it is to be believed as a reputable source (its statement of 6 month delivery is not), it explains the general lack of delivery updates.

"LONDON -- Jaguar has denied a report that it is ending production of the XE and XF in the UK, saying it intends to resume building the sedans at an unspecified date in the future. French auto analyst Inovev said Jaguar had ceased production of the sedans at its factory in Castle Bromwich, England, in March. leaving only output of the F-Type sports car at the plant.
Production of the XE and XF has been impacted by the global shortage of semiconductors, but the brand will fulfil existing orders for the sedans and continue to accept new ones for the two models, a company spokesman told Automotive News Europe.
“Like other automotive manufacturers, we are currently experiencing some COVID-19 supply-chain disruption, including the global availability of semiconductors, which is having an impact on our production schedules,” Jaguar said in a statement.
The Jaguar consumer website says the wait for both the XE and XF models is currently six months.
XE sales, excluding China, were just 416 in the first quarter, while the large XF sedan recorded 974 sales, company figures show.
Sales were much higher in China for the XE and XF models produced at Jaguar Land Rover’s joint venture Changshu plant, with 3,263 sales of the long-wheelbase XE in the same quarter and 2,990 sales of the long-wheelbase XF.
Jaguar’s total first-quarter sales figure of 19,570 was up on the last quarter of 2021, when sales fell 49 percent to 14,407, the lowest three-month total for the brand since 2013.
Jaguar will become an all-electric brand in 2025 and will not replace its current lineup, including the XE and XF, as it moves upmarket toward Bentley levels of pricing.
The Castle Bromwich plant will cease making new cars under the brand’s reinvention, CEO Thierry Bollore has said.
Inovev said the plant will build its last car in 2024."

I was intrigued by the XEL and could find nothing here. Not surprisingly as it's China only. It's not an ugly car, but with its small boot makes no sense here.
It looks a bit bloated around the midriff to me. Perhaps not unlike its target audience ;)

• Chery Jaguar Land Rover, the partnership that produces JLR products for China, builds the model, which has a wheelbase 100mm longer than the regular XE.

That extends the wheelbase to 2935mm, and the XEL provides rear passengers with additional features including an optional massage function, four-way lumbar adjustment and window blinds.

The XE L is offered with JLR’s 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium turbocharged petrol engine in either 197bhp or 247bhp form.

China’s demand for saloons offering larger rear legroom is driven by the popularity for chauffeurs there and such is the scale of the market that Jaguar offers a third long wheelbase variant, the XJ L.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
447 Posts
The Chinese stretch version destroys the entire tight ready-to-pounce look I love about the XE.

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Indeed. It just looks podgy to me.
It's fairly spacious in the back, from review videos, but it was never designed as a limousine class vehicle, so is an odd choice of car to stretch. They stuck a fairly fancy armrest in it and some blinds but that seems to be about it.
My kids are all tall and rear accommodation for them is poor on the standard XE, the roofline takes some negotiating. Mercifully I do 95% of my XE driving on my own so I don't really care :D And it's better in the back than an F-Type. ;)
Still, interesting to see the XEL. We won't be seeing any in the West, I guess.
Latest few months comparisons suggest ~10x sales (=deliveries?) in China to UK. Small volumes by market standards of course. No idea on local pricing position.

Font Pattern Parallel Rectangle Number
Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number

·
Registered
226 Posts
XeL :ROFLMAO:

it was smaller in the first place because of XF? small di*ks and all that i'm telling you.

and going bentley price range...that will kill jaguar if you ask me

Reactions: IvorB1H

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
644 Posts
Yes I agree when faced with a jag or an Aston at Aston prices honestly I’d be buying the Aston !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts