Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all.

Can anyone help with resting my mind that Jaguar don't have a reliability problem these days? Perhaps a XF or previous Jag owner can advise?

If it looks anything like the images I've seen or like a baby XF then I'm pretty much sold. I just don't want to suffer from something that will be off the road when I need a car on a daily basis.

Thanks in advance.

Rut.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All experiences are obviously personal, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Over the past 13 years I've owned 5 JLR cars (2 x X-type, 1 x XF, 1 x Freelander, 1 x XK) and I now have an XE on order. I've covered around 270k miles in aggregate and the only one breakdown, when an X-type I had from new lost a halfshaft U/J at 110k miles. The most recent models (XF, Freelander and XK) have been entirely fault free.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rutledge
I'm on my second XF 3.0d lux. The first I ran from new as a company car and had no issues over 3 years and 55k miles, that is until my son wrote it off!! It was at least as reliable as the two BMW 525 M Sports I had before it. The second XF is a pre-owned one as an infill whilst I wait for my new XE. Other than an alarm niggle, now fixed that has also been fine and for some reason is exceptionally economical.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've had two X-Types. Granted, these were Mondeo-based cars in many respects, but aside from an issue with the EGR valve (not an uncommon one in older vehicles) both cars have been sound. I thunk the poor reliability was perhaps in the 70's to early 90's, but certainly not today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts