Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much chasing of our fleet team I managed to pick this up yesterday, 180 R-Sport, Maunal, Ammonite Grey, Jet/Jet trim, heated steering wheel. There were two red 163's sitting in the yard, Italian Racing I think, I definately prefer the grey.

Wet and grey clouds last night so the paint's not really shining like it did in the sun earlier
Sky Car Vehicle Cloud Automotive lighting

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Sky

Delviery milage, first new car for me so very exciting!
Photograph Car Vehicle White Motor vehicle

First song when I put the Radio on, off to see these tomorrow, perfect timing!
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

First impressions are very good, the Dynamic mode makes a fairly significant amount of difference to performance (unless it's in my head!?) and the dash going red is a nice touch. Handling is unreal compared to anything I've test driven, can see why the reviews have been so positive.

Only gripes, the shift knob feels cheap, It's not very 'sturdy', pity. I also have the messaging issue with the iPhone that everyone else seems to be suffering with, hopefully a software update moving forwards will fix that.

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
Looks great Grant although I think they've given you my car as I have the same coming soon except fir heated wheel.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks great! Very jealous. How long did you have to wait from order? Just out of interest.
I drove the manual and then the auto and went for the auto as I had the same feeling of the gear knob felt quite cheap and the 8 speed box's makes it so much smoother.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Car looks great Grant - awaiting same ! Due end August - delay after delay but looks like the wait since Oct 2014 order date will be worth it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rich 91 said:
Looks great! Very jealous. How long did you have to wait from order? Just out of interest.
I drove the manual and then the auto and went for the auto as I had the same feeling of the gear knob felt quite cheap and the 8 speed box's makes it so much smoother.
I ordered on our fleet system on 28/01/15. Initial date given on order acceptance was 14/07 but that came forward to 01/07 in mid-May. Looks like it was prepped by Stratstone Mayfair on 23/06 and then delivered to my local fleet centre on the evening of 30/06.

I wanted the auto but didn't want the extra monthly cost or tax impact from the emissions

·
Registered
125 Posts
GrantT said:
Rich 91 said:
I ordered on our fleet system on 28/01/15. Initial date given on order acceptance was 14/07 but that came forward to 01/07 in mid-May. Looks like it was prepped by Stratstone Mayfair on 23/06 and then delivered to my local fleet centre on the evening of 30/06.

I wanted the auto but didn't want the extra monthly cost or tax impact from the emissions
Ahhh fair enough thanks for the info. Looks like my "three month" waiting time was a lie.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks amazing! That bonnet is a thing of beauty.

Can't wait now I've seen an R-sport with the same wheels as mine...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts