Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
60.9 MPG is pretty impressive given the conditions. Not sure if they used ECO mode but it does seem to put a serious dampener on the performance.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They probably used the eco mode, after all they were trying to go as far as possible on a full tank, not competing to be first over the line!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Seems Jaguar can be quite accurate with MPG for their performance petrol engines, around 95-105% so perhaps you'll be able to get the combined 34.9 MPG.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The official figures are effectively lab tests. They allow you to compare how different cars perform under those artificial conditions. You only have to look at the official figures for a Toyota hybrid. All three figures are the same.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looking back at the Honest John reported Real MPGs (and assuming these are honest reports!) then the V6 in the F-type and XF seems to be able to achieve over 95%. The Jaguar diesels though (like the cars in the What Car article) are not so good at 70%-95%. If the XE 180 diesel can achieve 60.9 MPG then that's 90% which is pretty good for a diesel.

I would agree that manufacturers MPGs are usually very high compared to real world. But it was interesting to see how close the reported MPGs were for the V6 jags. Of course the sample size of real MPGs is pretty small so may not be a true indication.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Quigon said:
Seems Jaguar can be quite accurate with MPG for their performance petrol engines, around 95-105% so perhaps you'll be able to get the combined 34.9 MPG.
The quoted figure for my 4.2 XK was 25, and 25 was what I got. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm a fleet manager and we always work off the basis of 85% of the book MPG figures for real life (based on combined). Ultimately it's apples for apples as all cars are tested in the same way via the same process (2 x quarter mile drive with wind below a certain speed and the average taken) so you will never ever reach the printed level, but if you drive carefully and well the majority of the time between motorway and urban, you'll get approx. 85% - but get no fun out of driving :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have seen a report somewhere that the 180 diesel was going low as 30's depending on the acceleration. I guess the powerful petrol motors a less likely to take a hit on the accelerations .

·
Registered
140 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts