Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Isn't this about keyless entry rather than keyless start?

·
Registered
664 Posts
But you have to get in to start the car. A button still has to be pressed to do this? So if you don't have keyless entry then it's back to actually physically breaking in and damaging the car surely?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I will add a mechanical lock, this one: http://www.bullock.it/it/prodotti/alarm (for automatic, they have a version for manual too) . If the brake pedal cannot be pushed they can have whatever device but the engine will never turn on.
Surely if they want to take the car there is no protection, it will only take a little longer.....

Anyhow, if you are to go with mechanical locks, be sure you do not have the electrical wheel adjustment, when in auto it raise the steering to facilitate entering and exiting the car. If your device is attached to the steering serious damages can happen

Another suggestion: according to the user manual you can completely lock the car tapping your finger on the round in the handle twice in 3 seconds.
This will avoid you using the remote to close the car than can be easily scanned, expecially at the mall or grocery where usually this things may happen.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Beaver said:
Another suggestion: according to the user manual you can completely lock the car tapping your finger on the round in the handle twice in 3 seconds.
This will avoid you using the remote to close the car than can be easily scanned, expecially at the mall or grocery where usually this things may happen.
Seriously?

·
Registered
118 Posts
HaloJones said:
Beaver said:
Seriously?
Quick start guide, page 3

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd much rather the thieves just take the car and not break into my house looking for the keys. We all have insurance, it's just one of those things.
If someone really wants your car bad enough they'll do anything to take it.
It's only tin and rubber.
Just inconvenient if anything else.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hear hear!
I decided to sell my Impreza WRX a few years ago after a series of violent aggravated burglaries in my area where thieves wanted the cars to carry out ram-raids.
A bit feeble of me maybe, but I like to sleep at night!

·
Registered
799 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.