Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, after hearing patchy reviews on the "premium" Jag sound system I fancy an upgrade to the Meridian.

However, after speaking to my dealer they have told me the order form was sent off 06/06 so no changes can now be made.

Has anyone else upgraded to the Meridian a month down the line?

I have seen on other forums/websites that the on the JLR Evoque & Lexus IS350 you can upgrade to their respective sound systems only a few weeks before delivery.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Eh? The meridian is the upgraded system. Comment here seem to have been pretty positive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SiblingChris said:
Eh? The meridian is the upgraded system. Comment here seem to have been pretty positive.
May have been slightly misinterpreted here, but I want an upgrade to the Meridian System.

·
Registered
664 Posts
:)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Dealer has told me I can change my ordered spec up to 7 weeks prior to scheduled build date; no stated restriction on what can be changed.

My understanding is that many orders are fulfilled by changing cars ordered by dealer for stock.

Mind, I am not sure which build date applies, 1st or 10th!
:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm also thinking of making a mod to my order and adding the Meridan upgrade - I've been told that I have a few weeks from date of ordering but when looking over the dealers shoulder yesterday at the Jaguar internal system to check build date I noticed that there was also a "last modification of order" date - which was about 4 weeks before the build date (with delivery-to-me date about 3 weeks after that).
Planning on going back to the dealer to do an audio system comparison next week

Paul

·
Registered
202 Posts
Paul said:
Planning on going back to the dealer to do an audio system comparison next week
Paul
That's a good idea. As far as I know, nobody has posted the result of such an 'on-the-spot' comparison before, so I'm sure we would love to know what you think Paul.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I spoke with meridian about connectivity and was informed that the head unit is jaguar(as with standard)but speakers/sub and amp are meridian.they also add a dsp.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had an XE yesterday on 24 hour loan for a wedding (XE-R Sport Petrol). It had the standard sound system and I have to say that I was underwhelmed by it, so much so that I am going to upgrade. My dealer confirmed that I could still add it on. My build date is set for back end of August with delivery 18th September so far, although this has been moving backwards and forwards a lot over the last few weeks, and my concern is that I give Jaguar a reason to move it back again!

Back to the standard sound system - I would strongly recommend that you listen to it on a test drive at volume on a motorway. There just did not seem to be that much depth to it in comparison to the Alpine system I have in my 2008 X Type. I know that after spending so much money on other items on the car (HUD, 360 cameras/advanced parking etc) I would be disappointed every time I cranked up the tunes...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Having not heard it I cannot say for sure. I am going back to the dealer on Monday - if they have one in the showroom I'll take a listen and report back, but I suspect that a) there will be a big difference, but b) it's down to the individual whether it matters enough to them to spend £500...

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't know if anyone has confirmed all the file formats yet. The manual suggests using a lossless format but then only lists lossy ones in its list. I can't remember who but 320kbps mp3 has been confirmed ok, and homestly unless you are parked up and scrutinising the sound I'll be surprised if that is not sufficient.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been in contact with Jag over Twitter and their looking into this for me, hopefully come out with the right result.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.