Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a Jaguar XE ordered as my next company car and have just had confirmation from Lex that it should be delivered to the dealer 03/07/15. Could anyone let me know if this date will go ahead and how soon after that should I actually get my car.

Unlike many on here I am a pauper in company car grade terms and have ordered an XE SE in Bluefire. But I still cannot wait to get it. I am going from a BMW 316d and my first thought was to get another until I saw the Xe. :ymapplause:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am not with Lex but with LeaseDrive and don't have any dates yet for my XE :(
I a able to upgrade out of my own pocket though thankfully.

In my past experience it's been a couple of weeks Between knowing the car is at the dealers and myself taking delivery. There is the usual prep and the lease company may ask for speciic things like branded number plate and by the time that is done and the contact you to arrange delivery (bear in mind they may not be a local dealer) it can be best part of a fortnight.

I am assuming Lex are similar but you probably should just ask them :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks mate. When did you order yours ? I ordered mine 11th April this year and was initially told by my transport department I might only get it in September so it has been brought forward a lot(that's if it does come in July)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Mate I only ordered last week!! I am expecting them to come back and say October if I'm lucky!, but as of two weeks ago local dealer was suggesting September still.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've also got a XE SE (163 bhp) on order via fleet hire i believe. The date I have got is the 17 July and I'm told i should have my car by the end of the month. Very much so looking forward to it, currently driving a Qashqai hire car which is just shocking....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Surely your Qashqai can't be as bad as the 1.6 petrol Astra hire car I have, especially as i'm driving 130 miles a day. Sometimes I feel like beating it with a stick!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
wakey said:
I dunno when you've come from a 535d to a 110 bhp Qashqai its quite a big jump....
Lol I feel your pain.

I'm also from a 535d into initially an IX35 hire car and now into an Avensis........

Both so bad I've kept my 535d and only clocked up 450 combined miles in the 3 months I've had the hire cars and 3200 in my own car.

Which XE have you ordered? I'm liking the look of the XE but not looking forward to losing a turbo and 100bhp.

Back on topic mines through Leaseplan and they've semi kept me in the loop on delivery. Ordered Early march expected 28th July currently told 2 weeks earlier, maybe

·
Registered
36 Posts
tobes said:
wakey said:
I dunno when you've come from a 535d to a 110 bhp Qashqai its quite a big jump....
Lol I feel your pain.

I'm also from a 535d into initially an IX35 hire car and now into an Avensis........

Both so bad I've kept my 535d and only clocked up 450 combined miles in the 3 months I've had the hire cars and 3200 in my own car.

Which XE have you ordered? I'm liking the look of the XE but not looking forward to losing a turbo and 100bhp.

Back on topic mines through Leaseplan and they've semi kept me in the loop on delivery. Ordered Early march expected 28th July currently told 2 weeks earlier, maybe
I've just got a basic SE on order (the 163 BHP engine). Didn't have any other option at the time, it was either that, Merc C200 SE or a fully loaded Insignia. Think it was a no brainer really...

·
Registered
799 Posts
I just scrapped an r sport 180 manual with zero options.
Had a good choice of cls c class 3 series audi etc amongst the usual others. Almost took a 125d but the XE looks appealing and a real change.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ah ok. Nice one. They have since added the c350e onto the list which is slightly annoying but with a 9-12 month waiting list I'm not sure how long it will stay on there....

·
Registered
664 Posts
I looked at the c350e and drove one. Great car really and fantastic spec, next ti nothing in terms of tax as a company car.it is the second fastest c class they do with something like 290bhp and 0-60 in 5.9s

....but it's really going to benefit those who travel shorter distances around town and have somewhere to easily plug it in. It only has a max 19 miles electric range. Also the boot is considerably smaller due to batteries taking up space. You need to think if you are doing many motorway miles this is not so economical as a 2 litre petrol engine...

For me whilst looked good on paper i just at didn't think I would realise the advertised economy and practically nowhere to plug in but at home.....

The diesel hybrid looks good too but cost considerably more for a lower spec than the XE can offer comparing the models in that price bracket

Also the tax man is phasing out the gov grants so it's touch and go whether you will get this now. Mercedes told me if I ordered I most likely wouldn't get one until Feb 2016! There are only 2 demonstrators in the country

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.