Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new XE, with Bi.Xenon lights, doesn't have the AUTO position in the switch. Only Off, low beam and high beam.

Is it normal?

The manual says there should be the AUTO position

·
Registered
402 Posts
My reply to you is not really helpful but hopefully, by putting your thread back to the top for a little while, it may draw other people's attention. Anyway, I do not have Bi-Xenon lights, but I do have an automatic position for the switch which I use all the time and find it works very well. However, I also note that you are located in Italy and wonder if the fact that you do not have that choice is anything to do with local laws. May be worth having a word with your dealer.

All the best.

·
Registered
27 Posts
And another one. I also have bi-xenon lights on my R Sport & it definitely has an auto position on switch. To make it worse for you, they work really well & I leave it on auto all the time.

·
Registered
387 Posts
have you inquired with Jaguar, and/or your dealer?

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's easy to find out if you have rain sensing wipers, just look on the wiper stock and you should see the word "Auto" as one of the options unless, of course, you don't have them. :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
there are other Italian - or Italy based - owners on this board maybe they have more info on whether this is a regional market/optional pack thing. It may be worth changing the thread title to indicate a possible Italy-specific issue to attract their attention.

I can't believe JLR would choose to give themselves the problem of having to stock a different type of Lighting stalk for such little apparent saving.

If you get nothing from other members you could try the jaguar folks in the customer service section.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you dont have the rain sensing wipers you do not have the auto lights.

Do you have ordered the "Convenience Pack"? Copy pasted the details from jaguar.it
DETTAGLI
Specchietto retrovisore interno elettrocromatico
Tergicristalli con sensore pioggia

The tergicristalli con sensore pioggia (rain sensing wipers) including the auto lights.

Another details copied from jaguar italy confirming that.

Tergicristalli con sensore pioggia

Si attivano automaticamente in presenza di pioggia senza intervento del guidatore. In combinazione ai tergicristalli con sensore pioggia sono installati anche i fari automatici che si accendono quando l'illuminazione esterna diminuisce. I tergicristalli con sensore pioggia si attivano automaticamente in presenza di pioggia senza intervento del guidatore. I fari automatici si accendono quando l'illuminazione esterna diminuisce.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks.

I'll post pictures this evening.

Meanwhile i can tell you is a Pure 180 auto, with optional B65A (ambient lights), F45C (panoramic roof), Z68S (park assist pack) and Z88P (winter pack)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, I'm having the same problem that my Jag doesn't have Auto lights and wipers. But my question is. Is it possible to add this feature somehow? I found used levers with the auto function but I'm wondering if to replace them is enough. Can someone tell mé where is the location of the sensor so I can check if my car is equiped by one? Thanks

·
Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
1,513 Posts
Welcome, you have found an old post.
I think you are on a hiding to nothing as I am sure the screen sensors are not fitted to your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunatelly it is true. I checked that today and despite there is a place for it, the sensor itself is missing. What is even worse is that wireing is not there as well hence even if I would buy the sensor there is no plug where I could connect it. I will review manual to see if there is an option how to overcome this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts