Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heared from my dealer that my car arrives 19th June. PDI takes a couple of days and then I'm off!!

Prestige 2.0 200PS Petrol. Auto
British Racing Green
Space Saver Spare Wheel
Split Rear Seats

Not the most exciting spec but it will suit me down to the ground.

Brgxe :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow, you could be one of the first on this forum to get a delivery of your car. Bet you can't wait?
Excellent, I guess you'll be having a 'car warming party' and invite us all, along !

·
Registered
60 Posts
My date is 9th of June fingers crossed ordered mine after launch in Nottingham
Prestige
Italian racing red
Light oyster
Privacy glass
Split rear seats
Illuminated tread plates

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Mel.
My date is 9th of June fingers crossed ordered mine after launch in Nottingham
Prestige
Italian racing red
Light oyster
Privacy glass
Split rear seats
Illuminated tread plates

Have you seen a red XE prestige in the metal? The spec you have ordered is virtually exactly what I want. However, I'm a bit apprehensive about ordering one until I've seen it myself.
Cymro

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Crmro no not seen a a prestige in the metal but have test driven the R sport,it's the same car but the spec is different,have you not seen XE yet l will post as soon as it arrives,I am calling the dealer on Monday to see how the date is looking

Mel

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi I've test driven the R Sport and I'm test driving the prestige tomorrow. I'm definitely going to get an XE, just not 100% about which colour. I really like the look of the red in the brochures, a lot of the other colours look a bit boring to be honest!
Darren

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glad to hear that!
I'm really interested to see real car pictures in brg color, so fa far I've seen none and I ordered the same color as you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes I liked the Portfolio (my mistake not the Prestige), suspension a little softer than the sport, drove it mostly in economy mode just to see what it was like - loved it, as did my wife - who was enjoying it so much that she nearly went through a red light!
I've ordered:
Prestige - Italian red
Jet interior with oyster headlining
split seats - lots of confusion about this on this site but I am assured they don't come as standard.
rear camera
spare wheel
Expect deliver Sept - but we'll see!
Darren

·
Registered
34 Posts
brgxe said:
Just heared from my dealer that my car arrives 19th June. PDI takes a couple of days and then I'm off!!

Prestige 2.0 200PS Petrol. Auto
British Racing Green
Space Saver Spare Wheel
Split Rear Seats

Not the most exciting spec but it will suit me down to the ground.

Brgxe :)
Virtually the same as mine except I've gone for Bluefire. Just a thought; I have added loads of extra packs but can't see split seats anywhere. Are they standard or where does one spec them on the XE Build site.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have ordered the Prestige in Italian racing red, lovely colour, parking pack,10 way seats,memory pack,space saver wheel, chrome grill, expected September, this will be my 15th Jaguar since 1958. Still feel excited.

·
Registered
34 Posts
wigray said:
I have ordered the Prestige in Italian racing red, lovely colour, parking pack,10 way seats,memory pack,space saver wheel, chrome grill, expected September, this will be my 15th Jaguar since 1958. Still feel excited.
That is some record of Jaguars; I served my apprenticeship there from about 66-72 but didn't pursue a career in the automotive industry, it was a bit of a mess then. Always promised myself that I would buy one but they never seemed to have a model to suit my needs at the time so really looking forward to getting the XE.

Here's my spec attached- everything except split seats, dam!!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi
Did you drive test drive the 200ps? I only drove the 240ps and thought that was a great engine, first time in a 4 cylinder engine for a long time, I'm hoping the 200ps is up to expectation, I only do 2000 miles a year so the power is not a big issue. If I remember correct the split seats in the XF were an extra, but it was possible to lower one seat as the fitting was already there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi

I haven't driven any of the models! I am taking it on trust.
I don't do vast mileage anymore so paying 3 - 4k extra for diesel, even though the petrol engine doesn't look very economical, isn't worth it.
I don't like big wheels on a car either from a visual point of view or from a handling one. Our roads are too bad!
I suspect that very soon engine mapping for the 2 litre petrol will be available for less than £500.00.If I am desperate for more performance I'll go that route but I doubt I will be. Getting mine at the end of the month.....so they say.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.