Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first....
- Jaguar
- Automatic
- Diesel
- Direct from factory/new

Loving it. Was a 3-series owner before this. Light years better of with the XE.

I got a Portfolio 180 Auto - in Storm Grey with Matrix Alloys - and Oyster interior. Couldn't be happier!

Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
MrBigglesworth said:
So this is my first....
- Jaguar
- Automatic
- Diesel
- Direct from factory/new

Loving it. Was a 3-series owner before this. Light years better of with the XE.

I got a Portfolio 180 Auto - in Storm Grey with Matrix Alloys - and Oyster interior. Couldn't be happier!

View attachment 502
Congrats ! First picture of storm grey, I've ordered the same colour. Are you happy with your color choice ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks already great on the picture, a bit less dark will be perfect.
Funny thing is that my delivery is postponed until September, according to my dealer "due to the choice of Storm Gray".
Thanks to you, the discussion is open again :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I heard it was popular.

Mine was not an order though - it was a demonstrator car the dealership had on order - but sold me to direct before they used it. So I was able to pick it up pretty quickly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Good point. Anyway, if they can build demonstrator cars in Storm Gray, it means that the paint barrels have arrived :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
I ordered storm grey but my company said no to premium colours so ammonite as a second choice.

Looks great in storm though!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Great to see a Portfolio - and great colour.
Is the interior light oyster similar to the pale beige in the brochure?
I hope so, I've ordered it too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah its a great colour. And Portfolio is also great. Was originally gunning for a Prestige but the dealer did his job well and up-selled me.

Its definitely lighter than the pale beige - its basically an off-white. Looks good though with the Storm Grey.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Pics of the interior please!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Is the seat belt fiddly to do up? Location looks a little bit tight with the high centre panels. I'm thinking of clarkson in the Lexus.

My 5 is like that but more room between seat and panels.

I didn't do up the seat belt in the showroom.

Interior looks nice in lighter colour but a shame they used black seat belts. They should be colour matched.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Agree with the seat belts. That's why I asked in another thread about it. I hope one day - an as yet unspecified but promised to be Real Soon Now day - to have the same colour on my portfolio

·
Registered
799 Posts
I had a light coloured interior on a 3 series once downside was cream carpets and finger marks on the seat belts as a negative of them matching.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TBH I never even noticed the seat belt contrast. Guess I dont mind - but now I look at it yeah I think having the same would be better.

Seatbelt easy to use in drivers seat - no issues there.

I am bit worried about the carpets - I got the premium ones and pretty much picked up dirt day one and shows up on the light colour. Will require constant attention.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Thanks I always mean to fasten the belt so that I'm sitting how I would be but clean forgot.

I had troubles with my carpets. Also Had A Light Colour Leather in another car with black belts and they did gradually leave slight dark marks where it rubbed over shoulders of the front seats and fronts of back seats as kids were not careful. Easy to clean if done regulary though.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Good pics MrB, thanks - the seat tone is perfect - better than I hoped - and the overall inside is excellent - light, airy & inviting - everything inside is refreshingly visible - looks like you could spend all day in there and still feel comfortable.
The inside colours are my choice too and it looks perfect - one of my reasons for selecting the Portfolio.
I suspect that your floor mats are much lighter than your pics show.
Also, the black belts are good - nicely visible for passengers and wont show grubby hand marks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

And you are right - very relaxing in there. Looking for excuses to do so!

My only concern is eating through the limited miles on my PCP....(should have chosen more miles!!)

Yeah the floor mats same colour - just in the shadow there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts