Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've just taken delivery off my XE however I noticed on my way back that I had paid for the lumbar support (I think this is the 14x14 way right) but it's missing. I spoke to the dealer who said yes we've looked on the system and it was missed off the order, we can give you a refund on that.
Does anyone have the 14x14 seats?
Do you think for someone who has slight back issues I should press the dealers to fix the issue or should I just take the money?

What would you do? Push them to replace / upgrade / install the lumbar support or should I just take the money and not complaining?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lumbar support is very important for me and my wife too, because we both have back problems (slight for me, serious for my wife). It all depends on how much this is important for you, but as far as I'm concerned, I would definitely refuse the car if the lumbar support was missing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If I were you I'd be looking for more than just a refund. That's no compensation at all.

By comparison, when I ordered my current Audi it came with black headlining rather than the light grey I had ordered. The dealer offered me the option of ordering the parts and replacing it, or a £250 cheque. I took the money in the end as didn't like the idea of the interior being ripped apart.

Seats should be easy enough to change. I guess since you already have the car you can find out whether or not it gives you back ache. If it does, then I'd be holding out for new seats.

I've ordered lumbar too and am concerned exactly what's going to turn up given the parts supply issues with seats.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well 2 hours in the car and my back was aching... I'm not sure if that's the car or my back...

@Axel Does the XE's lumbar support make much of a difference? Dealer is saying no but I'm not sure I believe that or not.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think that lumbar support adjustment is essential, specially if you have any sort of back problem. If you paid for it, then should insist on it. My X Type suffered failure of one of the motors on the seat and they replaced the seat with no problem. If they can replace one seat, it can't be much effort replacing both of them. In spite of the manual telling you not to adjust the seats whilst driving, I often do it - it's where the real benefit of electrically adjustable seats comes into play. A slight alteration to the seats, specially the lumbar support, almost always eases any aches and pains I've developed during the journey. Possibly not the done thing, but it works for me

I had a similar clerical problem withmy X Type - they forgot to order the in car phone - no Bluetooth then - and I insisted I wanted it fitting - they ummed and ahhed so I sent my wife down to make them see sense. They did. Nothing like an implacable women to get things done - we males are far too tolerant !

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm sure the lumbar support makes a big difference. I don't have one although in my two previous cars I did. There is plenty of adjustment so the problem isn't too bad, but the seat would be much more comfortable if it were there.

I think a car aimed at the fleet market should offer it at a lower price point. The only option is on top of the already optional electrically adjusted seats.

·
Registered
67 Posts
u2_storm said:
well 2 hours in the car and my back was aching... I'm not sure if that's the car or my back...

@Axel Does the XE's lumbar support make much of a difference? Dealer is saying no but I'm not sure I believe that or not.
I didn't try the XE without lumbar support, so I can't really judge the comfort of its seats without it.
However, my back doesn't ache anymore while driving since I own a car with lumbar support.

According to me, lumbar support makes a real (big) difference: instead of having a seat with a fixed shape from middle to low back, the lumbar support gives you the opportunity to shape that important part of the seat as it better suits your own morphology.

·
Registered
664 Posts
So is it that the 14x14 seats option price is supposed to include lumbar support, but it's an extra feature that is installed separately?

I specifically checked with the dealer when ordering my car and they are supposed to be included, as I am in a company lease if they mess it up they will have to resolve it and have the right seats fitted.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Another car rolls off the production line whilst quality control are on a tea break....

G

·
I would ask the dealer to rerofit the correct seats. That will cost him so he will be reluctant but you paid for the lumbar support. I debated lumbar/electric myself for a while, in the end I took the £1000 hit as I didn't want to sit in the car for the next five years with my back telling me I made a mistake. I am happy with the limbar support and would recommend it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have to say to be fair to Jaguar it has nothing to do with them, this is purely down to the dealer dropping the ball on this one.

So far they (the dealer) have offered me the cost of the lumbar support back and the cost of the service contract.... They are coming to see me today with another car to try and see if I *REALLY* want the support.... I'm keeping an open mind...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Whatever they have offered you so far will be less than the cost of getting it retro fitted. They accept they made a mistake and they are simply trying to minimise their losses rather than concentrate entirely on your satisfaction.

.So try and be as objective as you can about it consider the facts and your comfort and try not to let them move you off course!

·
Registered
799 Posts
SiblingChris said:
Whatever they have offered you so far will be less than the cost of getting it retro fitted. They accept they made a mistake and they are simply trying to minimise their losses rather than concentrate entirely on your satisfaction.

.So try and be as objective as you can about it consider the facts and your comfort and try not to let them move you off course!
Agreed!

You selected it in first place so why compromise?

Their mistake let them pay whatever it takes to resolve it to your full satisfaction

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the dealer drove up to me with another car today and I do think there is a difference, it's not huge but there is a difference.

From what they have said if I really want it then they are going to have to change the car as the wiring in the car just isn't there to support it :s

Dealers have now offered:
refund on the lumbar support
servicing for 3 years
paint protection (you know the stuff they flog for £500 quid and costs them £30 to apply :s )
Boot liner and mats

I don't think i'm being picky but I have the feeling I'm being fobbed off slightly.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I think you'll regret it later if you don't get what you want now. Demand the seats

·
Registered
597 Posts
I too think you may regret it, especially as you spec'd it for a reason.

I know in previous Jags they have used a standard wiring loom but it may have changed. Do you have memory seats? (sorry you may have answered this) If you have then possibly the wiring may not be there.
I think they are fobbing you off and we all know the waiting time for a new car so it may be them trying to scare you into accepting the offer as I have to assume if you do reject the car it will only have a second hand car value so they would lose money on it, providing it's their fault.

·
Registered
202 Posts
u2_storm said:
I have to say to be fair to Jaguar it has nothing to do with them, this is purely down to the dealer dropping the ball on this one....
In that case, my apologies to JLR :ymblushing:
I hope that you manage to resolve your lumbar issue to your satisfaction u2_.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@DMT66 I don't have memory seats so the wiring isn't there.

From the dealer they have said "Bodyglaze of your New Jaguar XE free of charge, supply the service plan, and also supply and fit the Jaguar Rubber Boot Mat"

Do you think I should just reject the car because of it ? I'm actually getting annoyed by this and I do wish I hadn't brought the car now.*Can you tell I'm getting hacked off?*

·
Registered
597 Posts
I can totally understand and I would be the same. Ok, so the service plan is worth having but that's about it in my opinion.

You could try Pete at Jaguar CRC 0345 303 2303 and ask his advice as he maybe can tell you if it can be fitted.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.