Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just noticed on my mirrors that they are supposed to have puddle lights but nothing comes on when I unlock or stop the car and get out. I can see the lenses underneath. Had anyone seen these work on their car so far?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Are the interior lights coming on? They should come on together when you unlock the car.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes my interior lights come on but my puddle lights don't. I don't believe it's anything to do with having a pack added. I thought it was standard amongst all models. The only upgrade to this would be the ambient lighting pack then you get 4 puddle lights on the doors.

·
Registered
140 Posts
No, just checked and don't work on mine either. Will have a further look tomorrow, see if there is a bulb!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just replaced my standard mirror caps and in the process had a look at the puddle lights. They are actually there with wiring and a bulb. If I'm not mistaken these mirrors are identical to the old XF mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am not sure they are supposed to work.....
If you look at the two places in the manual where puddle lights are mentioned, only one reference indicates where the puddle lights are located and it talks about them being under the edge of the door. So are these lights on the mirror actually called puddled lights by Jag or something else? What are they?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My previous cars have all had puddle lights under the mirror. Manufacturers annoy me when a simple light could be made to come on along with the others. Instead they seem to hold things back.

I think you are correct though. The ambient lighting pack will provide puddle lights on the doors. So that can only mean we have lamps under the mirror because they have been lifted directly from the XF parts bin.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't know if that could be of any help, but in french those are called "courtesy lights", I think. Looks like those are available under the side mirrors if you get the adequate option, which is "mirrors with heating, eletrical fold function, auto-dimming and courtesy lights".

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's the option I have and they don't work. I can't see puddle lights in the basic XE spec but it is listed against the power fold options. Guess it's time to talk to the dealer!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Just a thought what is the approach illumination setting set to? Could this affect both these lights and headlamp courtesy function?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quigon said:
That's the option I have and they don't work. I can't see puddle lights in the basic XE spec but it is listed against the power fold options. Guess it's time to talk to the dealer!
Same here, I have the power fold option. Quigon did you have the dealer change any settings? I got them to enable the auto fold on locking and unlocking. I wonder is there a box they are suppose to tick.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes I asked them to check auto power fold was enabled. You could be right.

I tried playing with a number of user options in the instrument panel to see if it would work but nothing changed.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SiblingChris said:
Just a thought what is the approach illumination setting set to? Could this affect both these lights and headlamp courtesy function?
I changed this to 60 secs from the factory setting of 30 secs. This only works though by using the remote. The courtesy or puddle lights should come on after unlocking or upon switching off the ignition at night.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Looking back on the jag site, the standalone powerfold mirror option does not mention "approach illumination" as a feature. However, it does mention this in its description as part of the highway technology pack. I wonder if this means that the hardware is there in both but only connected up for one of them? In which case perhaps it's a post delivery tweak?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SiblingChris said:
Looking back on the jag site, the standalone powerfold mirror option does not mention "approach illumination" as a feature. However, it does mention this in its description as part of the highway technology pack. I wonder if this means that the hardware is there in both but only connected up for one of them? In which case perhaps it's a post delivery tweak?
Yes I see that too. Looking up the mirrors it mentions nothing about the puddle lights but if you download the specification and price guide there are two options listed under exterior features.

1/ powerfold exterior mirrors in body colour, electrically adjustable, heated, auto-dimming, puddle lamps, with clear side turn indicators
2/ powerfold exterior mirrors in body colour with electric adjustment, auto-dimming, heated glass, side turn indicators and memory.

The second one is listed as only available with a pack. The memory part of it makes me think this is the one required to also allow reverse dip.

I think it once again comes back to discrepancies with the configurator. I am definitely going to query this with my dealer though. After all it's one of the features of the mirrors that we paid for which isn't working.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Agreed! I haven't ordered the memory pack, but my order States "Door Mirrors - Power Folding with Auto-dimming-Puddle Light and Clear Side Turn Indicators" :-bd

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I had a close look at puddle lights when ordering because I need powefold mirrors for garage parking, and noticed that puddle lights only appear once in the lists of options - shown only with the £275 powerfold mirrors option. Oddly, puddle lights are NOT mentioned as being part of the £700 memory pack even though powerfold mirrors are included with this pack

·
Registered
140 Posts
Don't know if anyone has discovered more or indeed has working puddle lights but I'm still waiting a response from Jaguar CSC who are looking in to it. The dealer believes they should work ...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks Quigon please let us know how you get on - similar response from my dealer too when i questioned whether my car will have this or not, i'll feed back too if/when I hear back from them!

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.