Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone think there are any gaps in the range of colours that JLR are offering for the XE? Is there a colour or shade that you'd have chosen if it had been available? - Solid Red? Gold metallic?
For me, I'd have been interested to see the XE a lighter shade of metallic blue rather than the Bluefire - think Audi Sepang or BMW Monte Carlo Blue.
( I am happy with my choice of Italian Racing Red through!)
Other thoughts?

TC

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't; think so, but I think premium colours are a little pricey though. Am I really going to spend £1200 on black cherry to have to clean the car every other day so it looks good? maybe if I have my man to do it whilst I am having my round of golf and before he serves me brunch....
:)

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Definitely short on colours but its a practical traditional range at the moment. Maybe, when the XE volumes grow to popular car numbers, the choice will widen. I cant help noticing lots of Fiat 500s are now in all sorts of fun pastel colours - powder blue, pastel green, etc - I particular like their yellow, which could look good on an XE...

·
Registered
79 Posts
robertW said:
Definitely short on colours but its a practical traditional range at the moment. Maybe, when the XE volumes grow to popular car numbers, the choice will widen. I cant help noticing lots of Fiat 500s are now in all sorts of fun pastel colours - powder blue, pastel green, etc - I particular like their yellow, which could look good on an XE...
All for variety and that, but the Jag is a premium brand, don't want to see JLR following the 'common car' trend with these fruity colours.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What's really needed is changeable colours - what lizards and fish can to do, we can do too. Switch to bright yellow for weekends out, white for family assemblies, blue for work and red for shopping. /Note to inventor - please ensure it is also self cleaning - thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
robertW said:
What's really needed is changeable colours - what lizards and fish can to do, we can do too. Switch to bright yellow for weekends out, white for family assemblies, blue for work and red for shopping. /Note to inventor - please ensure it is also self cleaning - thanks.
Now we're talking!! :-bd

·
Registered
57 Posts
Back in March I decided on which model, trim and extras to have on my XE including a nice looking powder blue metallic finish only to be told " we don't do that colour now " that's despite it being in the promo pictures, so discontinued before even going into production !
Shame as it looked classy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
SiblingChris said:
I don't; think so, but I think premium colours are a little pricey though. Am I really going to spend £1200 on black cherry to have to clean the car every other day so it looks good? maybe if I have my man to do it whilst I am having my round of golf and before he serves me brunch....
:)
Had a weekend in a Dark Cherry Portfolio 180 demonstrator some weeks back. Haven't seen many (any?) pictures of this colour so far so here goes....

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry. Black Cherry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.