Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had an MoT test done and have noticed that the Pass Certificate no longer records the exhaust emissions results. Does anyone know when, and why, this change has occurred? Presumably if a car fails on its emissions tests then the Fail Certificate will record the results.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah yes, thanks. After a year I'd forgotten that the emissions results were on a separate document. Previously the garage I use had always attached this to my MoT certificate but this time they didn't do so.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i didn't got it this year as well

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm...looks like there might have been a DVLA directive not to issue these emission test sheets to car owners. I wonder why?

·
Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
1,364 Posts
Because so far all my cars registered well below the max allowed for that car and in some instances they were so clean they never registered anything. That means that the current taxing system could be flawed, perhaps??

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Because so far all my cars registered well below the max allowed for that car and in some instances they were so clean they never registered anything. That means that the current taxing system could be flawed, perhaps??
You're probably right, FP.... how could they possibly ban all those dirty diesels otherwise, if the MOT test results showed zero emissions?

Reactions: Gary Buttle

·
Registered
240 Posts
The mot testing station no longer have to give a customer an emissions print off because it helps save the planet but 1 can be provided at the customers request, the garage still has to keep a record of the results for a minimum of 3 months

·
Registered
410 Posts
The MOT emissions test doesn't measure anything to do with the current CO2 banding for road tax.

Don't forget the MOT test is pretty basic and a car has to be in a bad way for it to fail. Passing the MOT test certainly doesn't mean the car is clean. A diesel vehicle like the XE with all it's exhaust after treatment is great pounding up and down the motorway but next to no good when the engine is cold driving around town...

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,570 Posts
Thread cleaned as yet again it was taken off-topic.
This is about emission results or lack of them during an MOT.
If you want to talk about "climate change" matters then start your own topic.
I'm getting pretty fed up with a very small number of individuals repeatedly taking things off topic.
I've got better things to do than have to keep threads on track.
If you want to talk about something unrelated to the thread you are reading then START YOUR OWN TOPIC.
If you see someone taking a thread off topic then don't respond to them as I can't always be around to delete posts before things veer off course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts