Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what other XE owners have so far managed for MPG?

I was on ECO mode yesterday for my journey home which is 26 miles of M25 and A41 and managed to get 66.6 mpg. This was approx 10mpg better than being on normal mode.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi there, what are you driving?

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's pretty good especially for an auto. I'm expecting around 35 - 45mpg.
I currently have a 2015 mondeo 2.0 tdci 150bhp (manual) and that's getting 35.9 mpg doing a 50 mile round trip every day to work. Some motorway mostly dual carriageway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in a manual but I still think 66mpg is pretty good for the size of the car. My previous car Audi A3 Sportback managed 76mpg on it's best day but this was with an almost empty tank.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm getting 46-53mpg on mixed town and dual carriageway driving on normal mode. Driving 600 miles to Staines and back tomorrow so might drive part way on eco and part on normal to see the difference.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a 180 R sport auto, have done just over 500 miles in total and have had so far:
53.2 mpg on mixed driving. i re-set it when i did some motorway driving (just over 120 miles) and got 61.2 mpg. (and i don't have a light right foot)
All the above done in standard drive mode with the auto engine cut off switched on.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Never had a new car before so am I right in thinking that mpg improves as the engine runs in?
I don't want to use the start stop and will most probably want to keep the car in dynamic but purely for feel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm driving a 163 manual and achieved 71.7mpg on a 41 mile trip, mostly motorway

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm getting 50-55mpg on my 65 mile 1/2 "B" road 1/2 motorway commute. All in dynamic mode.

In my experience mpg does improve after the first 1,000 miles or so.

·
Registered
198 Posts
On a 70 mile run I got 36 MPG and in town around 25 MPG.. The short journey`s can bring it down to 20 MPG.

Overall on two full tanks I average 33 MPG.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
You're all very lucky. I did a trip down into Kent today along motorways, A roads and some tiny little country lanes (satnav takes "shortest" literally without consideration for "quickest") and managed 37mpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm still on my first tank of fuel and don't really want to look at the MPG. I only travel about 10 miles to work though and do less than 10k per year, so MPG isn't really that important to me.

According to the remote app, my last journey was 10.9 miles and efficiency was 12.1 litres/100km. Why they mix kilometres with miles I'll never know. I'd rather see it in all metric or all imperial.

Quick edit: that journey is a mixture of dual and single carriageways. The 30mph zones are about 2 miles only.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On a 130 mile trip down to London I managed about 44.8 mpg (standard mode). Trip back up was around 42. (As mentioned would be nice to not have to convert from litres/100km every time)

Currently my work commute is around 37-40mpg. Still in my first 1,000 miles plus getting to grips with controlling the power so hopefully theres room for improvement.

·
Registered
80 Posts
301 miles, 69mph average, 56.2mpg on the trip down today. Fast flowing motorway nearly all the way. That's in normal mode, with under 1000 miles on the clock.

Going to try Eco on the way home

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi. As mentioned on my gallery thread i'm averaging around 60-65 in ECO for longer trips and 50-55 for shorter trips all a mixture of main road and city traffic.

FYI you can change your InControl Remote settings to show MPG on the trips page rather than L/KM. Go to 'Settings>My Account>Units & Date Format' and make sure 'Miles' is selected for Distance and 'Gal' for Fuel.

On fairly similar note regarding the in car trip computer MPG. I was using the 'Auto' setting for the trip computer which resets every time you turn on/off the ignition. Has anyone figured out the way in which you can add and remove your trip details to previous ones. It mentions it in the manual but i can't get my head around it. I get that there is the option for A and B trips but i'd like to be able to see what values i got for each trip AND what my combined values are.

·
Registered
56 Posts
After 2700 miles in a R-Sport 180 Auto, the average since day one is 52.3. I can coax the average up to 53.3 but after one journey where I put my foot down and it's back to 52.3. That's with the auto start/stop on, which is so quick, I can't really see the point in not using it. If you do want to get away from the lights even faster, just lift your foot a fraction off the brake pedal and the engine restarts without releasing the brakes anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've managed nearly 3000 miles now in my 180 auto prestige.

Economy hasn't moved much since delivery to be honest. Averaging between 51 and 53mpg per tank when sensible, and my driving includes a mix of dual carriageway, country and town driving.

I haven't seen a great deal of difference between Eco and normal, maybe 1 or 2 mpg, but it definitely drives better in normal.

As for dynamic, it certainly is the most fun, but recently got down to 35mpg after a recent quick cross country drive, and I'm sure that could go even lower!

The mpg is as expected and similar to the merc I tested, although the tank on the jag seems quite small (smaller than my golf which seems very strange), so it makes it feel like the mpg is worse as I'm filling up more often!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.